~Author's Notes~

Greetings and Salutations,

First off, I'd like to thank you in advance for giving Fall in May a chance. I truly hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it. Oh, and it's totally cool of you to vote, share and make as many comments as you want, the more the merrier ...but please don't feel obligated one way or the other.  

With that being said, the following is my very first story on Wattpad and is still somewhat of a work in progress. That undergoes periodical editing changes in an effort to correct any errors. So I apologize in advance for any spelling errors, grammatical errors and/or unintentional incongruities. Please feel free to point any suck occurrences out in comments, messages, kites or smoke signals. I will thank you for your kind assistance in helping me make this a better story. 

TV-14 - The following work may contain material that some parental units could possibly find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age. 

D - Suggestive dialogue (Most defiantly)

L - Coarse language (Some of this stuff including but not limited to A, B, D, F, H, S and the Z word.)

S - Sexual content (Some but not until way later and kind of fade to black'ish really.)

V - Violence (A little ...but nothing to trigger warning worthy.)

So please consider yourself cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 think unattended. 

Also if you do try to steal my stuff, a bunch of very very bad things will happen to you, so woe and betide unto you dude. Because while I don't personally practice the dark arts any longer (Voodoo, character assassination, piracy, and last but not least ...outright mayhem.) I still know plenty of pirates who do. Who will be more than happy to hunt you down, then whisper very bad things in next to your ear while you "arrg a sleeping".

So in the immortal words of Zero Cool:  "F*ck with the best ~ Die like the rest."

So thanks in advance for giving this book a chance, and for any and all-stars and comments you may wish to drop on your way thru this tale.  

So Stay Cool,

Sunny (Setting_Sun) @Darrendean1

Copyright © 2018 by Setting_Sun

All rights reserved. No part of this publication (Fall in May) may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. All people named within this work are fictional, and any relation to real people is purely malicious on my part.

~Awards and Reviews~

Winner of the 2017 Brigade Award for Romance

First Place in New Tales ~ The Blue Rose Awards 2017
First Place in Teen Fiction ~ The Blue Rose Awards 2017
First Place in Teen Fiction ~ The Sunset Awards 2017
First Place in Teen Fiction ~ The Majestic Awards 2017
First Place in Teen Fiction ~ The Royalty Awards 2017
First Place Winner in Romance ~ The Heavenly Awards 2017

Second Place Winner for Best Romance Fiction ~ The Spring Awards 2017
Second Place Winner for Best Romance Fiction ~ The MonkeyAwards 2017  
Second Place Winner for Best Romance Fiction ~ The Wing Awards 2017

Third Place Winner for Best Romance  ~ The Star Blazer Awards 2018

Honorable Mention for Best Title ~ The Royalty Awards 2017
Honorable Mention ~ The Stardust Awards 2017

THE MAJESTIC AWARDS REVIEW - 

 Review for the Majestic Award-Winning Fall In May. What a wonderful start to a fantastic book. The surfer is lit! His voice is amazing and accurate based on my pathetic Midwestern expertise. May's snark is a lovely contrast to Darren's zen trip. The dialogue is lovely and the creative ways to swear are clever. I'm almost sorry there wasn't a fight because I'd love to see surfer dude kick some blazin' a$$. This whole chapter opens you up to the dark side begging for violence, within Darren and compels you to keep reading. All that scary dark is mellowed by the surfer lingo and Darren's adorable protective side. Spicoli would be so proud dude!

THE HEAVENLY AWARDS REVIEW - 

Title: Fall in May
Author: Setting_Sun
Rubric Score: 91%

Review: This book was a well-written piece of work. Its cover was pretty with nice writing and was appealing to the eye. I couldn't, however, see the writer's name on the cover; either it was very faint, or not there at all. The writer's summary was very good and gave me a great idea what the book was about, without giving too much away. Graphic art in the book were apt and well-suited, and I especially liked the art on the author's note page. There was an adequate explanation of the rating and content of the book so readers knew that some of the book's content might be of a more mature level, which I think is a good thing to do. The storyline of the book was great and very descriptive, and I especially liked the main character who was sarcastic funny, sassy and feisty. I could find no prominent punctuation errors or spelling mistakes, and the writer's grammar was good. The only thing I could suggest was smaller paragraphs. This writer did a great job.

*Highest ranking: #35 in General Fiction as of 10/12/2016.  

#9 in Sister Stories as of 05/09/2018