~41~ The Secret Bathroom

"Hoka-hey! It's a good day to die!" ~ Tȟašúŋke Witkó aka Crazy Horse

💀💀💀

Tuesday - October 2nd   

As requested, I am at school bright and early, and really not looking forward to talking time at all. As I roll down to the end of the hall, I easily spot May sitting on the floor at the foot of her locker. Her usual black-clad legs stretched straight out under a loose black burnoose sweatshirt.

Unfortunately, her sinister sister is in situ as well, hovering slightly behind in the shadows looking all kinds of unhappy. While April is not exactly not glaring her hate at me, so I am not exactly not staring daggers back at her either. Regardless, it's pretty clear that the mutual loathing society is now in full effect this fine morning.

But none of that really bothers me quite as much as what May is wearing on her leg. For May is now sporting a long black leg brace from her knee to her ankle. Which while barely noticeable, as it almost matches her dark leggings, I am thinking is clearly not going to be good for her mobility.  

"Oh yay, he's here," April announces my arrival to May. "He doesn't look totally pissed off, but he's clearly not happy either." 

"Morning May, how's the leg today?" I easily ignore Someone's Sister's observations. I tentatively reach out, lightly touching May's shoulder to let her know I am with her.

"Little better, little worse." She shrugs. "Shin still hurts like a mother if I walk on it too long? But just standing or sitting it's only a little throbby? Thankfully no sharp shooting pains like yesterday's fun. But running around wily-nilly is going to be a little awkward, to say the least."

"Anything you need, don't hesitate to ask." I lean over her to inspect the brace.

Just at a glance, I can already tell that hobbling around the hallowed halls of Hell today is going to be tough for her. The leg brace is one of those space-age hard plastic walking-cast things. Designed to take the weight of the injured area by adding five pounds of plastic and foam protection.

"Okay May, the hallways clear enough for him to follow us in ...without looking any more creepy." April pushes off the wall past us and just marches straight into the bathroom without another word. Or oddly even the obligatory scathing glare stare of cheery death.  

"So on that note, can you help me up and into the bathroom please?" May holds her slender elfinine hand out to me. "The three of us need to have a little girl chat about some sister stuff."

"Awesome, girl chat." I sigh dryly.

Helping her up to standing and May sucks in a sharp breath. That tells me she is in a lot more pain than she has been letting on. So as always, I am compelled to be a super helper.

"May, can I please just carry you in? I think it will be so much easier on both of us that way." I insist as pleasantly as possible. 

"Oh sure, why the hell not." She sighs, clearly not thrilled with this idea.

So as gently as I can, I scoop her up into my arms and slowly stand to upright. While May's slender arms circle around my neck, I easily adjust her lightness to my chest protectively. I am reminded yet again, how light and winsome she is in my arms. So I back into the restroom door cautiously, like a groom carrying a new bride over the threshold. But taking care not to bounce her head off the door frame. Honestly, if it were left up to me, I would carry her around like this the entire day.

What awaits me on the other side of the door however, is not exactly what I expected at all. One look around May's secret spot, and suddenly it makes a lot more sense to me as to why someone would take refuge here and hide out in this opulent homage to waste management. Because this place more like a fancy hotel restroom, than the normal high school cesspool that the rest of the flock is forced to endure. With only three large roomy bathroom stalls, dominating one side of the spacious bathroom. Wall to wall marblesque tiles, and a wall-length glass mirror. As opposed to the standard scratchy stainless steel "San Fall Sux" fixtures I have become accustomed to.