~43~ These Boots were made for Stomping

These boots are made for stomping,
a

nd that's just what they'll do.
One of these days, these boots are gonna stomp all over you...

Stomping Boots ~ Symarip

💀💀💀

Thursday - October 4th

Morning comes early in the House of the Rising Raisins, and I am anxious to face the day. I want so badly to bequeath unto May, Thor the thunder gods boots. To gift them right to her, the first moment I spot her in the morning in homeroom. Then watch her go forth and stomp the crap out of the world.

But I know better than to tempt the fate that awaits. So while it's going to kill me to wait until lunch, but wait I must. For first thing in the morning I don't have time to ensure a proper fit, before sending her forth into battle. Not to mention the tiny little evil garden gnome that haunts our mornings is not a kindly creature to those more fortunate than he, by any means. So into my locker Thor's boots must go for safekeeping, until the fated hour of their unveiling.   

I walk the seven flights of stairs up past the leaning Tower of Doom and right into the mouth of Hell like I own the place. Drifting through the doors of C-22 slightly ahead of the Hell's bells and right past Or'sir. Who is standing there impotently under the Important Announcement boom box, without a second glance down at the clown. Or'sir, of course, greets me with his best garden gnome glare-stare. 

Thankfully May is in her usual spot for homeroom, sitting stiffly upright in all her dark feisty glory. So I slip down the shiny tiles and drop anchor on my spot.  

"Morning May, how are doing you today?" I announce with a singsong smile before sliding into my spot in front of her.

"Oh, let me see?" She quirks a hard smirk with shiny teeth. "Well, I recently learned a terribly useful, yet highly weirdy first aid trick to add to my witty repertoire. Wanna see me try it on you?" 

"Sounds super cool." I smartly retort right back at her playing along. "And I have this just simply awful headache right on the center of my forehead to boot. Do you think your new triage trick might help me make some new friends? I've been meaning to ask that Butcher boy in English if he wants to be pals? Maybe he can come over to my house and play charades with the Raisins sometime? Sounds like your trick might be just the ticket I've been searching for to break the ice."

May bursts out laughing so hard, I almost give her an armbar shield to keep her from falling out of her seat and on the floor. Which of course was my intention, to lighten her mood...sans the whole falling out of her chair and on to the floor part of course.

"Oh my god Mr. Devil, you are so bad in your awful awfulness." When she finally recovers from her laugh attack. Gods alive, how I adore those shiny slices of her sharp-fanged smile.

"Please stand for the pledge of allegiance..." The box on the wall drones, and the flock obediently rises to their feet to take their daily oaths and swear their loyalty.  

I instantly jump up to give May an hand up to her feet. Which now she allows thanks to the awkwardness of the brace strapped to her leg. After all the swearing ends, we retake our seats and begin to chatter about nothing as the rest Important Announcements continue.

Or'sir drops by with another detention for me with his usual theatrical flourish. Which I immediately pocket to add to the rest of my collection of things I no longer care about. Also thanks to May's brace situation, it seems that Study Buddies firmly in the schwe'dule for the duration anyways. So I have plenty of time to burn...and many miles to go before I can even start to care.