~32~ Dummy Study Buddies 4 Life.

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right?
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you

|Stuck in the Middle with You ~ Stealers Wheel

🤡🤡🤡

Thursday ~ September 18th

All things considered, today is an almost good day. May is waiting for me in homeroom to resume our morning repartee during Important Announcements. Or'sir attempts to introduce us to the horror that is the Verona morality tale about a teen suicide pact gone wrong, all in iambic pentameter. Which based on Butchy's murderous glare-stare thing is something he apparently hates almost as much as flocking football liars. Chad attempts to explain proper locker room hygiene to the shower and soap hating freshmeat, without smirking. Which of course is an epic fail for everyone.  

Lunch turns out to be a slightly subdued affair of standard peanut butter and jelly on sourdough. Most of our conversation revolves around what pizza will go best with the Maltese showing of Rebel Without a Cause? I am thinking of a return to the Evil Eye pizza of first date night. In honor of James Deans Spyder Porche, the infamous "Little Bastard" of lore. But May is insisting that we might try a more ocean-centric slice of Hawaiian style in honor of Natalie Woods drowning death.

After lunch Striker is really excited about the historically inaccurate and rather racist showing of Gaint. As is was also J.D.'s last flick, I am almost tempted to ask him to solve the Rebel pizza conundrum. But in the end, I ultimately decided against asking, seeing it has nothing whatsoever to do with his Liz Taylor obsession. Besides Striker strikes me as the kind of guy who orders only cheese pizza for some strange reason.       

I flash my new get out of class free pass, to skip out on the final five minutes of Dr. Doom's redux rendition of Apocalypse Now. After which I drop down to the theater auditorium, to swoop up May from her theater class, to hit Study Buddies for our usual hour of detention.

I find May easy enough in the theater, sitting by her lonesome and canting something dramatic. Something I can only assume is Shakespearean about some damn dog named Bloody Spot getting out? So I hang back in the corner cheap seats for a minute and watch her singsong the soliloquy to her satisfaction, before making myself known. 

"Hey Maybe, it's me." I start out positively.

"Hey, you devil on my shoulder." She immediately beams up at me and smiles some slices right into my soul.   

"So you ready to fly this coop and hit Study Buddies, maybe make some more funny money?" I rhyme my reason.

"Sure, why not." May sighs sardonically. "You really need to stop getting yourself in so much trouble, Mr. Devil."

"But then what would I do in my downtime?" I counter back. "You know what they say about my idle hands?" 

"Yeah, never been a big fan of playgrounds." She shakes her head sarcastically. "Way too many swinging things and screaming little kids running around bumping into everything ...especially me." 

"So let's see if we can find something for those hands of yours to hold Mr. Devil, and get their mind off their troubles." She stretches out her hands up to me and allows me to lift her up off the floor to standing.   

We wraith out of her class and around the theater building towards the Other Library. May is all sorts of smiles as she tells me about the second half of her day since we last parted ways at lunch. Even though nothing particularly fun or funny happened with her? I do thoroughly enjoy her retelling of droning through the day.