~28~ My First Detention of Many.

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooh (Any way the wind blows)
I don't wanna die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all...

Bohemian Rhapsody ~ Queen

😈😈😈

Monday - September 15th

After a long weekend of pretty much doing nothing at all, besides on guarding the lives of the lappers of San Fall. After my shifts, I spend most of Saturday and Sunday afternoon avoiding football fanatic grandpa guy. Mainly by doing some much-needed gardening around the old Dean homestead, and the obligatory week of laundry. 

One upside since our date on is that apparently May and I are now nightly phone buddies. She texts me on Friday to let me know that she had a good time on what she insists on calling BDN, Blind Date Night. I called her on Saturday to see if she is cool, which she is very. She calls me back after midnight when she can't sleep, which is cool with me.

Come Monday morning, I walk the seven flights of stairs up past the leaning Tower of Doom and right into the mouth of Hell like I own the place. Ready to start another week of my sentence here in Hell. Drifting through the doors of C-22 slightly ahead of the Hell's bells and right past Or'sir. Who is standing there impotently under the Important Announcement boom box, without a second glance down at the clown. Or'sir, of course, greets me with his glaring best "Oh no you did not just barely get to your seat in time to avoid my tardy detention!" 

Thankfully May is in her usual spot for homeroom, sitting stiffly upright in all her dark feisty glory. Today I even have a surprise lunch treat for her. Seven slices of two-day-old leftover pizza to share, that I stuck in the back of the fridge from our date night dinner at Leo's.

"Morning, Maybe?" I drop into my spot just as the bells finish tolling for my soul.

"And a good morning to you too, Mr. Devil." She smiles ever so sweetly. "And how was the rest of your weekend in Hell?"

"Excellent." I happily play along with her new merry morning game. "The sweet sounds of serenading sinners screaming their souls out really put me to sleep late last night. And yourself?"

"Oh, I kind of live in a hell of my mother's making." May snorts in retort.

"Oh yeah, been there done that." I sigh in sad agreement on her plight at the hands of poor parenting. "On the upside at least you have Someone's Sister to share everything with, no?"

To my surprise May suddenly bursts out giggling, like this is the funniest thing anyone's ever said to her at her sinister sister's expense. Which is slightly unnerving, seeing that even I know I'm not that funny.

"Please stand for the pledge of allegiance..." The box on the corner drones at us and the flocks obediently rise to take their daily oaths and swear their loyalties to the authorities. 

As soon as the morning swearing session ends we retake our seats and continue to talk away about nothing much, as the rest Important Announcements begin droning ever onward. Which of course draws the attention ire of the vile little village idiot I didn't want or need ...Or'sir.

"Are we having fun laughing and chatting away the morning, are we?" Or'sir slithers up on my shoulder like the good angel in the cartoons.  

"Not now," I reply back evenly, waiting for the hateful little thing hovering to say its next stupid thing.