~37~ Someone's Sister goes Seriously Sideways

"Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke. She will need her sisterhood."  ~Gloria Steinem

💀💀💀

Just as soon as she is out of earshot of Devil May Care Island, May is all kinds of unhappy. Not only is she is pain from the bad blood on her shinbone. But the forced march of her clearly irritated sister is causing her to lose her orientation. Being pushed and pulled along like a pet is one of her major pet peeves.      

"You watched me? Why?" May demands of her sinister sister.

"Not here May, wait until we get to the bathroom please." April hisses under her breath. "I don't want to take any chances of anyone overhearing us."

"Fine, be that way." May sighs, accepting her sister's slightly psychotic need for secrecy. 

With April breaking the trail before them, the Grimm sisters slice their way through the various flocks of Falcons standing around yammering and chattering. Until they can breach past the last pass gate and face the eternal guardian saint of safety. After a short conversation with the gate saint, they are passed through to passing through without further ado.

Wraithing down the walkway between buildings, towards the stairs into the D-wing towards May's locker and her special bathroom. As soon as they are far enough for the raucous chaos of the lunch shelter to fade away, April immediately starts in on her sister.  

"What's wrong with you May? Why are you walking all wonky like that?" April's steading grip over her sister's hand tightens perceptibly. 

"I told you earlier, I barked my shin in Chin's before lunch," May replies with a wince. 

"I thought you said it wasn't that bad?" April slows her roll down to a quick step.

"Yeah well ...apparently I lied a little?" May shrugs off the sisterly sympathy.

"Oh, awesome sauce, and my day just keeps getting better and better." April seethes back in irritation. "Slow up steps coming ...slower ...step once."  

April guides her sister towards the stairs to the hallway entrance. But May is still slightly gimpy from the shin splint and the tip of her saddle shoe catches the step edge. May instantly pitches face-first forwards towards the sharp edge of concrete steps, and her second broken nose. But April is quicker than she used to be, and reflexively locks her arm up tight stopping her sister in mid-fall. April strains slowly bringing May back to upright and steading her sister onto her feet.  

"Easy May, I got you." April holds her steady until May can get her balance back. "I'm sorry May, that one was my fault. I should have said big step. Are you okay, May?"

"No worries, it's been that kind of a day." She sighs. "But nice catch though, at least you're getting stronger. So apparently all the gymnastics, yoga, cheer tumbling are paying off. So at least you got that going for ya, right?" 

"Yeah...yay me." April drones dryly.  

They both remember only too well, the times when they were younger, when May took more than one hard fall slipping right through of April's grasp. So April cautiously guides her sister the rest of the way up the stairs, then down the long hallway towards May's special bathroom.   

"Okay, April start talking. What the hell did you watch me for?" May demands tersely, just as soon as they are inside and the door is closed behind them. 

"Hold that thought while I check the stalls." April stalls her yet again.  

"You have got to be freaking kidding me?" May sighs and shakes her head. "Paranoid much? Cause trust me we're really not that interesting to anyone else."