~19~ Flying Kites with Guys Mike

"You don't get it, do you? Society nods its head at any horror the American teenager can think upon itself. Nobody is going to care about exact handwriting on a suicide note."  ~ J.D. from Heathers.

💀💀💀

After another long lazy lunch on Devil-May-Care Island my next class is US Govt with Drone Strike, or Striker for short. It's only the third day of real"classing" and I'm already hating the Government hardcore. For all the obvious reasons and a few that are individually irritating to me personally. First and foremost, this class comes after a nice long lunch with May. And no thanks to Captain Midnight's running of the freshmeat flocks in the morning on time, I am already tired, full, and ready for a nap. And as if all that wasn't already enough put me down for a little timout? Striker is boring as all Hell, as he softly sings me to sleep.    

This is History, and he is gonna tell His Story his way, as humanly slow as possible. The mind-numbingly painful attention to detail as he drones out the ancient American history stuff, word for painful word, in excruciatingly agonizing articulation is literally killing me. Like sitting in this class, I can actually watch the remaining minutes of my life just evaporating away, right before my daydreamy vision. But instead of drifting slowly away to a better place, I decide to do something useful with what's rest of my life. Try to think through the latest turn in our talking topics on Devil May Care Island lunches.

After what feels like several lifetimes later, I am still eternally entombed in history, when suddenly Striker pauses in his dreamy droning. We are halfway into the grave when he flips the next page in his tome over and suddenly stops talking. Only to discover a full centerfold spread of G. Wash paddling out on a surf safari to the Jersey Shore for Christmas Vaycay circa 1776. The picture placement of this particular piece of propaganda seems to momentarily distract him from serenading us to sleep. Not only has he's lost his last sentence strand, but now he has to flip back a page and start his sirens song all over again. Then in a slight of hand, deftly flip-read-flip-flip past the propaganda to the end of the last thought, so as to keep reading onward to page 17 of the first chapter. But to Striker's deadly credit he is finally able to string together this sonata, Then he continues crooning towards the next crescendo, slaying us softly with his sirens song.

And all I can think of this is ...thank the stars we finally finished the introduction movement to this the slow march towards 'Merica's Manifesto just yesterday. Which of course is right about time for me face my own destiny, as I receive my first death threat of the new school year.

The memento mori message meant for me flies through the half-open backdoor via leatherhead named Boomer, coning around the halls of Hell on a free pee pass. Boom deftly drops the death threat kite onto Not'to'hot Nicole in the prime corner spot in the back. Who Boom banged on a dare at a victory party last year, and once more again a month later because he was bored and wasn't looking for a challenge. Not'too'hot Nicole reads the name on the kite and shrugs it off over to a Not'got no-name boy, who really wants to ask her out sometime, but is afraid that she will laugh at him. Which she absolutely will, because he's a Not'got kid, and she will never go Dutch again. As that is another one of low self-esteem issues that her last therapist told her she's got. So Not'got who doesn't know who "Deens" is gives the note to Adam, formerly of Adam and Steve. Because Adam makes it his business to be in the know, and knows everyone and everything worth knowing.

So Adam takes a chance and slides it over to Guys Mike. The super skinny Jeans guy from Orsir's English, who Adam would very much like to hook up with again on the sligh. But Guy's Mike is in the midst of his own dramada with a grim girl he once burned to crisp, but is now rising up like a phoenix from the ashes looking to burn him back. So Guys Mike reads the note because he thinks it must be his, but because it's not the first after-school skinny swimming pool party invite that he's received and ignored from Adam, formerly of Adam and Steve.