Left Behind

- Chapter Eight -

"Here you go, protein recovery bars," Chase spoke, handling out bars.

You just sat a table and watched silently.

"Ugh, again?" Bob asked, disgusted.

"Yes, again. Would you like to complain more about the free food Bob?! Mr. Davenport made them to maximize our workouts. They have everything the body needs," Chase informed.

"Yeah, to make you puke. I'm going to hold out until the three o'clock peanuts," Spin commented, tossing the bar back in the basket.

You never tried them, but you weren't looking forward to it.

"Luckily for me, I'm bionic, so I don't have a gag reflex," Adam bragged, taking a bite of the bar.

"We're all bionic, and yes, you do," Bree commented.

"No I don't," Adam muffled, as he gagged and spat out the bar.

You smirked in amusement, as Chase and Bree made a disgusted face.

"Oh, yes I do," Adam agreed.

"No, shi-"

"Language," Chase spoke, cutting you off as you shot him a glare.

Leo then walked in, carrying a package, which peaked your interest.

"What's that?" Spin asked, curiously.

"Oh, this? It's just a care package that my mom sent all of us- no wait. It's just for me," Leo explained, making spin shake his head and walk away.

Then, you heard a squirting sound, making you all whip around. You seen Bob holding a ketchup bottle, squirting ketchup onto his bar.

"Oh, it's easy for me to swallow if I pretend it's a hamburger. Which is tough because I don't know what a hamburger is," Bob explained.

"Wait, you never ha a hamburger? Oh, that's so sad," Bree stated, as she stood up and stepped closer to Bob

"Wanna cheer me up by giving me a hug?" Bob opened his arms.

"That's so sad! Guys, these kids have no social skills, because they have been completely isolated from the real world. They have no idea what it's like to be normal," Bree spoke.

"Ah, yes. I remember your first days out of the lab. So young, so naïve, you needed a strong hand to guide you," Leo smiled.

"Yeah, but all we got was you. These kids deserve a taste of the real world," Bree stated.

'The real world is bitter,' you thought.

"Well, I just got food from the real world, you guys are welcome- wait no it's just for me," Leo waved a peanut butter jar, only for it to be snatched away.

"What was that?" Leo asked.

"I have no idea," Spin smiled, holding the jar in his hand.

Since Spin had a layer of coaxed peanut butter on his face, Bob quickly swiped the bar across his cheek, and ate it.

"Hmm, better!" Bob hummed.

"Men are pigs," you commented, making everyone look at you.

~~~~~

You followed Adam, Bree, and Chase into the Hydra-loop area, to speak to Mr. Davenport. Chase was ahead, and spoke up.

"Hey, Mr. Davenport. We've been talking, and we wanted to take the students on a field trip."