Space Elevator

- Chapter Eighteen -

You walked into the Hydra-Loop area, expecting it to be sorta empty since all the students usually hung out in the training area, but instead there was a handful of students.

You quickly scanned the area, spotting Leo and Bree at one of the control panels. You made your way over, seeing Leo explaining something to Bree as he showed her his tablet.

"Hey, guys. So what are you two up too?" you asked.

"Leo was just showing me this online game were you get to kill these zombies, and other people who play online since they are consider enemies," Bree explained.

"Ah, that game," you nodded, "The term we use for zombies is walkers. I end up killing Leo most of the time," you chuckled.

"It's not fair!" Leo exclaimed childishly.

"Why?" Bree asked.

"Because he refuses to join my team," you answered simply.

"Why can't you join mine?" Leo asked.

"Oh, for one, your shelter is living in a barn. Were I live in a community, which I run. Second, your weaponry is poor. Third, you're always endangered when walkers are around. Shall I go on?" you asked.

Leo looked shook his head, "No but I'm working on it. Soon I'll be running my own community and once that happens you will be going down!"

"We'll see about that," you stated.

Then Mr. Davenport entered the Hydra-loop area, "Heads up, we got a visitor coming."

"Is it a government agent coming to take us away?" Adam asked.

"Our secrets been out for a year. Why would they take us away now?" Chase questioned.

"Let's just say, I've done some things," Adam stated, as he walked away.

"Couldn't agree more," you mumbled. If anyone knew what you've done, you would be sent to prison for life.

"It's my chief scientist Dr. Ryan. He is by far the smartest man I have ever worked with," Mr. Davenport explained.

Chase then cleared his throat, "Ahem!"

"Oh, you're right. I'm sorry. I'm the smartest I have ever worked with," Mr. Davenport corrected, as he pointed to himself chuckling, "Dr. Ryan was head of his MIT and he's been Davenport Industries employee of the month twice. That's never happened. Well except of course, me."

"You named yourself employee of the month at your own company?" Leo asked, as Mr. Davenport nodded.

"Well that's just sad," you mumbled.

"I think you love you, a little too much," Leo explained.

"It's not because I love myself. It's because I'm better than everyone else," Mr. Davenport explained, as the Hydra-loop doors opened.

"Hey, hey! Wassup, dudes?" a tall nerdy dude greeted, as he walked towards you and Bree, "Lady dudes."

"Charmer," you stated flatly unamused.

"This is your esteemed chief scientist?" Bree asked, as Mr. Davenport nodded.

"As I said before, that's just sad," you stated, eyeing the guy.

"And employee of the month! Got the parking space and everything. I don't drive, but my mom uses it when she picks me up," Ryan smiled, "That's right, twenty-eight still living rent-free in my parents basement. Jealous?"