Bionic Dog

- Chapter Ten -

Mr. Davenport had given everyone the day off, which you were happy about since you got to wear your normal clothes instead of the uniform that you always had to wear. You, Chase, Bree, and Leo walked into the Hydra-loop area to see Adam.

"Hey, guys. Guess what I found?"

Then, a dog jumped out of the Hydra-loop. You smiled as you bent down to pet the dog.

"Where did you get a dog?" Leo asked.

"And please do not say a guy with sunglasses and a cane," Bree stated.

"No. He started to sniffing me when I got on the Hydra-loop, and he went crazy and wouldn't leave me alone," Adam explained, as you continued to pet the dog.

"And did you by any chance, have meat in your pockets?" Chase asked.

"No! Wait, Salome is meat?" Adam question, causing you to roll your eyes.

"He can't stay," Chase motioned to the dog.

The dog then sat on his rear when Chase said the word 'stay'.

"Woah, did you see that? You said 'stay' and he did. He's a genius," Adam commented.

"He's trained," you pointed out.

"Otis?"

You all turned to see Douglas looking surprised. He knelt down and whistled, as the dog 'Otis' ran over to Douglas.

"Aw, that's my dog! He was a stray, I took him and nursed him back to health, the night Krane and I brought our first evil lair together! Actually, it was more of an evil townhouse," Douglas explained, as he rubbed Otis.

"How were we ever afraid of you?" Bree asked, as Douglas ignored her.

"This guy got me through pretty rough times," Douglas chuckled.

"Well, it's nice to hear that you had someone to comfort you, while you were plotting to kill us," Leo said, walking away.

"I think Otis ran away because Krane terrified him. He must have been searching for me forever. I bet he smelled my scent on Adam and followed him here," Douglas smiled.

"Are you sure it's the same dog?" Bree questioned.

"Absolutely, watch this! Otis, sit," Douglas commanded, as Otis sat.

Douglas commanded Otis to look left, right, and speak to which the dog did all the commands with ease.

"Woah, I can't even do all that," Adam said in awe.

"I'll tell you another little secret, Otis has super strength," Douglas stated.

"Wait, you gave bionics to animal?" Chase asked, stepping forward.

"Why would you do that?" you asked.

"He was injured and I did it to save his life," Douglas answered.

"Wow, I'm glad you saved him, but I can't believe you wasted bionics on a dog," Chase stated.

"Well, I wouldn't say wasted," Douglas chuckled lowly, "Do your thing Otis."

Otis then ran and jumped, kicking Chase, causing him to fly backwards into the training area.

You laughed as Adam spoke, "Woah, Cool! I thought I was going to have to train him to do that."

"I think Otis is my spiritual animal," you chuckled softly.

~~~~~

You were sitting at a table, as Chase sat across from you sneezing non-stop, as Adam was playing cards with Otis.