The Vanishing P.1

- Chapter Thirty-one -

Its been two weeks since confessing to Leo, but you still hadn't confessed to the Davenports. Leo was upset that you had basically lied about everything, but he was understanding and knew why. You were so thankful to have someone like Leo. He didn't tell the Davenports anything. Two weeks has passed and you hadn't said a thing to the Davenports. You knew your time was running short, and one way or another they were going to find out. How? You didn't know and that was the problem.

Bree and Chase were teaching combat skills to the students, as you, Leo and Adam stood to the side.

Bob was late, so he came running into the training area. "I'm here, I'm here."

"Bob, you're late again." Chase stated as he walked towards Bob.

"It's not my fault I overslept. It's Bree's." Bob pointed to Bree.

"What?! How is it my fault?" Bree asked puzzled.

"You keep showing up in my dreams." Bob smiled.

Mr. Davenport and Douglas then walked in, squealing like little school girls, making you raise a brow in question.

"What's up with you?" Leo asked the two. "Someone asked you to prom?"

"No," Douglas laughed, only to quickly sober up, "but thanks for opening up old wounds."

"After countless hours of research and development, Douglas and I have finally perfected the most amazing bionic operating system upgrade ever!" Mr. Davenport exclaimed.

"I woke up for this?" Bob asked unamused.

Douglas then walked forward. "This upgrade is gonna be like going from motor scooters to jet engines. It'll make all of your abilities ten times more powerful."

"An upgrade, huh?" Leo asked. "Well, I'm not sure you can make my leg any more powerful, but go ahead; give it a go."

Leo kicked his leg up as Mr. Davenport spoke. "Sorry, Leo, the upgrade only works on people with bionic chips. Be grateful you have a bionic arm and a bionic leg. That's all you're getting." Mr. Davenport explained. "At least until your next horrific accident."

Douglas and Mr. Davenport laughed as Leo faked laughed too until Leo went completely serious.

Chase then walked towards Mr. Davenport. "Mr. Davenport, are you sure that this new upgrade is safe? I mean, some of our students haven't even mastered their bionics at the current level."

"Yeah, Mr. Davenport, I know you wanna give us like, the coolest thing ever, but do you have too," Bree whined a bit, mocking Chase.

"Don't worry." Mr. Davenport assured. "I built in a skill app that allows the students to master their amped-up abilities instantly."

"Botton line, this upgrade is the best thing that Donnie and I have ever created together." Douglas motioned to himself and Mr. Davenport. "I am so proud of you."

"No, I'm so proud of you!" Mr. Davenport pointed at Douglas.

They both kept saying that to one another until you raised your voice, stopping the two brothers. "Okay, enough with the chick flick moment!"

"Stop, Bree."

You all turned around to see Bob sleep talking. "You're embarrassing yourself. Oh, sweet girl, you don't have to beg. I'll allow you to kiss me."

"Okay, I'll wake him up." Adam stated walking forward as Bree stopped him.

"Nope. I got this." Bree nodded super speeding away, coming back moments later with a dummy.