On the Edge: P.2

- Chapter Twenty-Six -

Two weeks. Its been two weeks since Leo left. You would call him and talk to him privately sometimes if he didn't want the the others to talk to, knowing that they would try. You also kept his promise, being a leader to the team. Since you were a student, you had to attend to your training sessions, but in the free time you trained with Logan.

During these two weeks, you hardly talked to Chase. You only did if it was during a mission, or if it was required to do so. It was weird, not having Leo around but you and everyone had to accept the fact that he was really gone.

"It's really weird not having you here, Leo. Everyone misses you," Bree stated.

You were in the living quarters, face timing Leo. You were still mad at Chase for what he's done, you and him would get into mild arguments about Leo, even if he was gone. But one of you would quickly shut it down and quickly end it, before the argument would escalate into something more than it should've.

"Its been two weeks. When are you coming back?" Chase asked.

"I'm sorry, guys. When I said I was done, I meant it. I've hung up my mission suit forever," Leo stated.

"Then can I have it?" Adam asked. "I found a guy in Japan who's willing to pay top dollar."

You hit the back of Adam's head as you turned to look at the screen. "Are you sure we can't change your mind?" you asked.

"Sorry, guys. I'm staying here. I gotta go. Mom's hosting her book club tonight, and I'm in charge of dessert," Leo informed. "Turns out my laser sphere has caramelized the perfect crème burlée."

"Whoo, that sounds good," Adam commented. "Do I, uh, have to read a book to get in on that?"

Leo just made a face as he held his hand up. "Later guys," Leo ended the call.

"I feel bad," Bree stated. "We should've given him more credit."

"I know," Chase agreed. "I'm sorry that we didn't listen to you [Name]. You and Leo both deserve to be there with us at the award ceremony tomorrow."

"Couldn't agree with you more," Adam sighed. "And that's why he's gonna be," Adam smiled as he walked over to the couch. "Say hello to the newest member of the bionic team," Adma held up a cardboard cut-out of Leo. "Cardboard Leo."

"What is that?" Chase asked referring to the cardboard.

"Uh, it's a life-size cardboard cutout of Leo, hence the name Cardboard Leo," Adam explained. "Pay attention, Chase. This stuff isn't that hard."

"I think what he means is, are you crazy?!" Bree asked. "We can't bring that to the ceremony."

"Of course we can, and if things get boring, I'm gonna fold him into an airplane and fly him around," Adam explained, as began to fly the cardboard around.

"I'm gonna go guys, see you around," you stated, as you left the living quarters.

You never stayed too long with the Davenport trio. Out of all three though, you spent a tad bit longer with Bree, but that was about it.

~~~~~

As you walked into the training area, you were surprised to see Taylor there along with Logan and Douglas.

"Taylor? Wow it's nice to see you again," you greeted as she turned to the sound of your voice.

"Same here, well, if I could see you," she joked, making you chuckle as you gave her a brief hug.