The Curse of the Screaming Skull

- Chapter Twenty-four -

Today everyone had the day off since it was Halloween so you and Leo took advantage of the situation and watched a horror movie marathon the night before. As you both walked into the Hydra-loop area, you both saw the Davenport trio scooping through a box of Halloween decorations.

"Hey, guys, where you been?" Chase asked.

"We just finished watching a twenty-four hour horror movie marathon. I was so scared, I chewed through all my fingernails. But on the bright side, I had a big bowl of popcorn, so they were delightfully tasty," Leo smiled.

"I, on the other hand, had to walk through the living quarters time to time, to make sure that nothing would get Leo," you informed, as Leo shot you a glare.

"You weren't suppose to tell them that," Leo whispered.

"Just speaking the truth hun," you replied.

"Guys, how is our first Halloween at the academy going to be spooky when all we have is this pathetic little box of Halloween decorations?" Bree asked, looking into the box. "And, uh, what is this disgusting slime in the trick-or-treat bowl?" Bree asked, pulling out the bowl.

"Oh, that's not slime. That's last year's pumpkin," Adam replied, taking the bowl as Bree gagged, "I'm surprised it didn't keep."

Adam sniffed the bowl, gagging at the smell as Chase set it down onto the cyber desk.

"Hey, guys," Bob greeted, walking out of the training area.

"Bob, what are you doing here?" Chase asked. "All the other students are out with Mr. Davenport on a field trip to the Davenport birthplace and museum."

"Gosh darn it, I can't believe I'm missing that," Bob replied sarcastically.

"Really, Bob?" Bree asked.

"Oh, c'mon. Part of the tour is him re-enacting his birth," Bob explained.

"This kid might be smarter than we thought," Adam pointed out.

"Ooh, smoothie," Bob smiled, taking the trick-or-treat bowl.

"Maybe not," Adam stated, standing up as he followed Bob as Bree took Adam's previous spot, sitting on the stool.

Just then Perry walked into the Hydra-loop area, "Later, machine people," Perry stated, holding a metal detector. "I'm taking the metal detector to the beach to look for other people's money."

"So what, you're done going through our wallets?" Leo motioned to you all.

"Yep. How do you think I paid for this thing?" Perry held up the metal detector as Douglas walked in. "If you need me, I'll be at the island across the way."

"What island? The deserted one?" Douglas questioned.

"Yeah. Care to join me?" Perry asked, taking a few steps closer to Douglas. "There's room for two in my inflatable kayak. If you're good, we can play shipwrecked passenger and curious island native."

"How about we play shipwrecked passenger and rescue pilot who keeps flying?" Douglas motioned upwards, as Perry pouted.

"Hey, I've always wondered about that island," Bree stated, walking forward as you, Leo, and Chase followed behind, "Oh, maybe there are waterfalls."

"And caves," Leo added.

"Maybe we'll be introduced to cool new species of insects," Chase smiled.

"And then, we can introduce them to an uncool species of human," Bree smiled, motioning towards Chase.

"Trust me. You don't wanna go to that island. From what I hear, that place is uninhabited for a reason," Douglas informed, "It's a scary jungle full of venomous snakes, rabid bats and toxic plants that causes rashes."