Promises

"A scholarship exam?" Yuu asked, he and Yoichi were seated together at the park eating some snacks. Yoichi had just told him about a college scholarship exam the school talked about when Yuu was absent.

"Yes." Yoichi said. "It's a really prestigious college, they're actually accepting four kids nationwide. Out of those four, the one with the highest grade gets a full scholarship."

"Really?" Yuu smiled. "Maybe I should try out. What school?"

"Mallory." Yoichi said.

"Mallory?" Yuu asked. "That's odd! Where's that in Tokyo?"

"It's in England." Yoichi said.

"England?" Yuu asked. "As in, far away England? As in far away from Mika? No thank you."

"I already knew you'd say no." Yoichi said. "But I just decided to tell you, anyway, it's kind of a compulsory thing for all seniors to take the exam. Let's just give it a shot, after all it's only four students in the whole of the country being picked. The chances of it being us is pretty low."

"Yeah maybe." Yuu said. "I guess it can't be helped, I'll take the exam."

"So on to other things." Yoichi smirked. "You finally did it with Mr. Shindo huh?" Yuu blushed remembering when he and Mikaela had sex. He still couldn't believe that they had finally done it. "How was it?" He asked.

"I don't kiss and tell." Yuu said. "But I'll tell you this, it sure did some serious damage to my hips and legs."

"Tokyo University?" Mikaela asked.

"Yea." Yuu said. "The entrance exam starts very soon, I have to be prepared."

"Wow." Mikaela said. "I thought you'd settle for something a little higher I guess."

"Tokyo University is closer to home." Yuu said. "It's like going to highschool so I don't even need to live in school dorms."

"What's wrong?" Mikaela smiled. "Baby Yuu can't stay away from home?"

Yuu blushed. "No. I can't stay away from you Mika."

"Oh." Mikaela smiled. "That's sweet, but I don't want to hold you back Yuu. If you have a dream college you wish to attend please don't give it all away for me."

"I don't really have a dream college." Yuu said. "But even if I had, tbh you'll be more worth it Mika. I know it might sound childish and foolish but you're worth more to me than my education. I can even give up school if it means being with you. I put you ahead of everything in my life."

Mikaela didn't understand how Yuu's words had a way of hitting him hard in the heart. He put him ahead of every other thing, if only he knew what he was saying. Mikaela also put Yuu ahead of every other thing in his life to, he loved him so much and wanted to spend the rest of his life with him.

"Well I understand." Mikaela said. "I'd do the same for you, give up my entire wealth even if I have to, just to have you beside me."

"What?" Yuu jumped. "Y-you're entire wealth? You mean like this house, all your other houses, your money, your cars?" Mikaela nodded. "No, no, no, Mika I'm not worth all that, I mean, it's your wealth."

"How can you even say that?" Mikaela asked. "You mean more to me than some stupid wealth."

"Really?" Yuu asked. "You'd give up all this? For me?"

"All this and more." He leaned in and kissed his cheeks. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Mika." He said.