28/07/16

'Hi, guys.'
I heard Simon enter the lounge from where I stood in the hallway.
I still hadn't moved, shocked and confused by the way he'd just walked straight past me.
I shook myself when I heard the celebrations going on in the next room, and stumbled into the lounge.
'Josh.' Harry grinned as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, 'You must be so happy.'
I smiled.
'I'm overjoyed.'
I looked across the room at Simon, but he refused to make eye contact.
We stayed as a group, just the seven of us, for hours before slowly people left, leaving just me, Vik and Simon.
'So. When you moving back in?'
Vik asked Simon.
'I'm not sure what's happening yet.' he replied.
'Well, don't worry about when. It's not like it'll take long- you might as well just move into Josh's bedroom.'
Simon grinned, but the smile didn't reach his eyes as Vik said goodnight and made his way upstairs to his bedroom. It was midnight, and I was alone with the love of my life.
'Simon...'
He smiled at me, but not really at me. It was more like he was looking at someone over my shoulder.
'Yeah?'
'What's happening here?'
'Well... We're sat in the lounge, waiting to go to bed?'
'Together?'
Simon looked away, a red blush rising to his cheeks.
'Josh-' he started.
'What, Simon?' I asked, a tremor in my voice. 'What's going on?'
'I don't think I'm gay anymore, Josh.'
I felt my heart stop as he continued to speak.
'Like, I don't think I'm in love with you.'

~~