19/08/16

[00:32] Simon: Josh, I've been sat here for hours.

He was right, it had been a long time. I was sat in my bed, unmoving. Staring straight ahead in front of me, but seeing nothing.
'Josh.' his voice cracked.
All the boys had been through to try and get me to open the door. They thought it was a breakdown from seeing Harry, and I'll admit that seeing him didn't help my situation, but really I was scared.
I was scared that Simon would ever have to see me like that.
I was scared that if we continued loving each other, it would only hurt more when one of us inevitably died.
I heard him smack his hand against the door. He had been there so long.
'Don't do this now, Josh.' he choked.
'Not now. Not when I need you.'
I felt tears trickling down my cheeks. I thought I was finished crying.
'I know this isn't about Harry.' he mumbled against the wooden door. I froze.
'Open the door.'
I stood up, as though hypnotised. When I unlocked the door, he was sat on the floor, his eyes wide. Simon stood up and moved towards me.
I stood still as he pushed me back gently and shut the door behind him, locking it.
He wrapped his arms around me, holding me closely in a hug. I stayed straight and unresponsive, unable to move.
He only held tighter, his body warm against mine. My eyes stayed open, staring.
'Josh.' he breathed against my neck.
'Let me in.'
I felt my bones sag as I fell against him. He held my body weight soundly as I fell apart, and even as I broke, he pulled me so tightly that I felt myself slowly being pieced back together.
I let him in, for the first time in so long, and finally I felt like I could breathe as he held my in the centre of the room.
His head pressed against mine, his shoulder wet with my tears, his arms trembling with strength; finally, we were home.

~~