14/10/16

'I wanna get drunk and dance to shit pop songs.' he pouted, sulking, as I buttoned up my shirt.
'Yeah, we can do that. After dinner with my parents.'
Simon grumbled, lounging across the bed.
'Joshy, you know I love your parents, but you also know how they like to ask questions.'
'You don't have to answer! Just smile, and do something endearing. You're good at that.'
Simon sighed and stood up from the bed.
'Do you promise that you'll get drunk and dance to shit pop songs with me after?'
'I promise.' I said, grinning, as he moved over to tweak the collar of my shirt.
When he was finally dressed, both of us in posh suits, I kissed him gently.
'Oh, Joshua, don't be too forward, you might put creases in my neck tie!' he said in a very fake posh accent, fanning his face with his hand.
I laughed, and took his hand.
'Why are we even going to a posh restaurant? No offence but, your parents are hardly The Ritz.'
'Yeah, but they wanna celebrate. Now stop complaining! You're finally getting a meal that isn't a takeaway or microwaveable.'
He laughed, as I opened the passenger door of my car.
'Sir.' I said, bending at the waist and waving my hand as he stepped in the car.
'Oh, why thank you, Mr Bradley.' he responded as I shut the door and joined him in the car.
'I love your parents really.'
'I know you do. They love you too.'
'Do you?'
'I do.'

~~