24/11/16

A month later, we got married.
The service was beautiful, was everything, was us.
We got married in a small church, and then went back home with everyone there- no horse and carriage, no castle, no magical white dresses. That wasn't us- half spontaneous vows and ties tied a little bit too loose was.
I don't think I've ever heard anything as soul crushingly endearing as Simon Minter saying 'I do.'
The after party was insane- the lounge soon overflowed with bodies and music and drinks, and we were hot and heavy in the middle of it, full of everything that we had always felt for each other.
We were a haze, a mist of lust and love. Me and Simon were the last ones awake, still dancing and laughing amongst unconscious bodies and spilt alcohol.
'I love you.' he laughed, his words slurred but undeniable.
'I love you.'
I gazed in content into his eyes, clear and crystal and full of desire.
I nestled my head against his neck, as he whispered sweetly into my ear.
He made me happier than anything else in the world, I contemplated, and now he's mine.
I felt his cold yet soft skin against my fingertips, felt his heartbeat resonate through my body, felt his soul fluttering against my heart.
He whispered once more against my ear, breathing quietly and causing my heart to beat just a little bit faster.
'Thank you for making life worth living.' he murmured. His mojito of emotions spilled out with his words, and I held him even tighter.
He mumbled one more thing, before I led him gently both to my bedroom, and to the rest of our lives together.
'Thank you for letting me in.'

~~