21/08/16

'I didn't leave for your benefit.'
I looked at him, confused already even after his first sentence.
'Sit down.' I heard Harry say from the bed. Me and Cal both sat on the small uncomfortable chairs by his bed, listening to Simon.
'I left because... I left because I was sick.'
'What?' I asked, still utterly baffled. Why would he lie? And what did Scotland have that we didn't?
'Rehab.' he whispered.
I felt my mouth drop.
'I had a problem, Josh. An addiction. At first I thought it was just you- I mean, just us arguing. Turns out I was a bit of a coke addict.'
He smiled slightly, shrugged his shoulders.
'I'm not proud of what I did. I think that's why we argued so badly- I was high on coke most the time. It sounds ridiculous, and it is ridiculous, but I was told to go by my dealer. Mad, innit? I thought he was just there to sell me my fix, but turns out we were quite good friends- underneath the whole shit drugs thing.'
I was still gobsmacked, unable to speak.
'The rehab clinic in Scotland is where he went. He recommended it- said it was so good that he could still sell, but have no temptation to take anything. I don't want to sell, obviously, but I had to do something.'
'How did I not notice?'
'I don't know. Nobody noticed. I guess it was because we were going through a rough patch, people probably thought I was just sad.'
Cal nodded.
'That's what I thought.'
'Why did you lie?' I asked. Part of me understood why; the other part felt betrayed.
'I was ashamed. You said... You said you were disappointed. That's when I knew I had to go.'
'Fucking hell.'
'I understand if you don't wanna see me anymore.' his eyes had finally started to smart with tears.
'No.'
He looked up at me, shocked.
'What?'
'No, Simon. I'm not... Not shutting you out like I did before. I'm not letting you go through it alone.'
He smiled slightly.
'I've 'not seen you' for four months now. I think that makes up for whatever stupid things you did.'
Simon smiled, walked over and buried his head into my shoulder.
'Thank you.' he whispered into my t-shirt.
I looked over to where Cal and Harry were sat, staring at each other.
I stayed in Simon's arms, but kept listening.
'Did you mean it?' Harry asked.
'Every word. Sorry.'
'Sorry?'
'I know you're straight.'
'No, you don't.'
I laughed and pulled away from Simon.
'Let's give them some privacy.' I smirked. Neither Harry nor Cal heard- they were too busy kissing. Finally.
I took Simon's hand, and led him back home.
'I love you.' he whispered as we reached the front door.
'I love you.' I meant it.

~~
can anyone who reads this please comment their favourite sidemen/sidemen&friends pairing? I wanna start a new book with a different pairing (pref not with Simon or Josh BC minizerk is real) but yeah comment below pls thank u xxx