14/10/16

'What are you doing?' I said, laughing, as Simon ran straight past me and into the kitchen.
We had just returned home from a lovely meal with my parents.
'A drink for my lovely fiancé?' he asked, a bottle of tequila in his hand.
I grinned at him, grabbed the bottle and his hand, and pulled him into the lounge.
'Wait...' he said, before he opened the bottle.
'Shit pop music?'
'Shit pop music.'
Next thing I knew, Into You by Ariana Grande was blasting out the speaker as Simon opened the bottle. He poured a lot of it into his mouth and then mine as we danced together, swaying and turning and twisting our bodies around each other.
We drank more and more as the night went on, until he pulled me into the garden.
'Fairy lights... on!' his words were slurred with giggles.
'That only works in movies.'
'You're a movie.'
I laughed- is that meant to be romantic?'
He moved close to me, his hips against mine as trashy teenage pop blared through the house.
He kissed me. I could taste the alcohol and the night and the love on his lips.
'I love you.' I mumbled.
'More than anything.'
He had his hands on my hips, gripping me tightly enough to leave small, purple fingerprints along my waist as he kissed my neck and my jaw.
'Why do you love me?' he asked, as he placed tiny kisses along my face.
'Because you are Simon Minter.'
'What do you mean?'
'I can't do anything but love you.'
He laughed, falling back onto the grass and pulling me with him.
'Love me.'
'Every day of the week.'

~~