12/09/16

We were a little bit late to meet Cal and Harry- and definitely not because Simon stopped at a service station to 'mess around ' on the way.
When we finally did arrive, Cal and Harry were stood outside. Cal was bent down, trying his hardest to talk to Harry, but Harry wasn't listening.
'Wait.' I said, grabbing Simon's hand.
We stopped, trying to hear what was happening.
'Why did you say what you did, then?'
'I felt guilty, Cal.'
'I can't believe this.'
'It's not my fault!'
'It's not your fucking fault?!' Cal screamed, causing me and Simon to jump, and Harry to storm off in fits of tears.
'What's happening?' Simon asked, stepping forward. He pried Cal's hands away from his face and we saw the tear tracks on his face.
'Cal?' I asked. He looked away, clenching his jaw and biting his lip before he turned to face us, a sad smile on his face.
'I guess dinner is cancelled.'
'Where has Harry gone?'
'Can't you see?' Cal laughed. 'Of course you can't. Too busy in your perfect little fucking bubble.'
'Cal, your drunk.' I said, moving slightly in front of Simon protectively as Cal eyed him up and down. I could smell alcohol on his breath, strong and intoxicating.
'What can't I see?' Simon asked.
Cal laughed again, and then he dragged a hand across his pale face.
'He doesn't want me.'
'What do you mean?' I asked.
'He's a little fucking slut.'
'Oi.' I warned, stepping forward angrily in defence of my friend.
'I dunno why you're sticking up for him, either.' Cal said.
I frowned, looking at him in confusion.
Cal turned once more to face Simon.
'He's in love with you, Simon.'

~~