30/07/16

Simon started moving in only a day after he said, but he didn't ask me to help.
JJ and Vik had gone out to get food, so it was just me and Simon in the house.
'JIDE!' I heard him yell from his bedroom. I sighed when I heard him yell again, as I slowly stood up.
'VIK!'
'JOSH? IS ANYONE THERE?'
'UGH!'
I walked up to his door and pushed it open, my eyes on the floor.
'You alright?' I asked.
Simon was on the floor, surrounded by nuts and bolts and a half assembled wardrobe.
'I can't do it.' he said, pouting, as I sat on the floor beside the mess.
'Why are you building a wardrobe? You have one there.' I frowned, staring at the medley of metal.
'I wanted a change.'
More like you wanted to hide in a new closet this time, I thought, as I picked up the instructions.
'The instructions say you need Bolt 2 but I can only find Bolt 4!' he told me.
'Well, have you looked properly?'
'...As well as I could.'
I frowned again and started looking through the bolts. I was only looking for a minute before I found a handful of bolts with a '4' written on the top.
'Found them.' I muttered. I looked up, and realised he had been staring at me. I looked away as I put the bolts on the floor near him.
'Why won't you look at me?' he murmured as he picked the small bolts up.
'I dunno.' I replied, shifting uncomfortably.
'Josh, I hope we can still be friends. I don't want things to be awkward.'
I blinked away tears and looked up, smiling at him, but not really at him as he had before.
'Of course, Si. It's all cool.'
He bit his lip and I had to sit so tightly to stop myself from leaning over and kissing him.
I stood up.
'Shout me if you need more help.' I said as I left the room. I shut his door behind me and leaned against it.
'How can I look you at you when you broke my heart?' I whispered under my breath as I stumbled back towards my bedroom.

~~