10/08/16

'I'm going away for a bit.' I said abruptly as the four of us sat together to eat. We didn't do it often, but Vik thought it would be a good idea.
'What?' he frowned.
'Like, only for a couple of days- and only to a hotel- but I just thought I'd take a break.' Simon hadn't moved, he just sat looking down at his plate.
'Maybe I'll sleep a bit better.' I added.
'If you need to do it, do it.' JJ replied, smiling at me.
'Yeah.' Vik agreed, nodding. He looked over to Simon, who still hadn't moved, and then at me.
'JJ, do you wanna go record?' Vik asked. JJ groaned in response, his plate still not clear.
'Eat in my bedroom. Special offer. Come on, might as well get on the grind.' Vik said, hurrying JJ, and his full plate, out the kitchen.
'Where are you gonna go?' Simon asked, still not looking at me.
'I dunno.' I stared at him, willing him to look, and he did.
'I want you to be okay, Josh.'
I smiled at him.
'I will be.'
He looked closely at me; it was obvious he didn't believe me.
'I need to go edit some stuff. If you need me, for anything, I'll be in my bedroom.' he said.
I stayed sat down, as I looked at the train ticket in my hand. It was late, but the trains were still running.
I stood up, grabbing a coat and the bag in the corner of the room which held a few spare clothes. I walked slowly to the front door, rested my hand on the doorknob.
'You're leaving now?'
He startled me, and turned around to see Simon stood by the kitchen door.
I nodded.
'Well- have... have a safe journey, I guess.'
I said goodbye and walked out the door. I waited for it to close behind me.
'Maybe this will get me over you.' I mumbled as I climbed into my car.

~~