Home lives

Our stars have finally met each other. Now here comes the tough part. Where will they live and in what? What kind of people will they consider their friends? Will they have any pets? And how much will they learn about each other? And remember, just because they are married doesn't mean they can't back out anytime they want.

~Rapunzel and Eugene~
"So where do you think we should live?" Rapunzel asked. Right now, they were in her parents' basement. It wasn't ideal but it was all they had.

"Can't we just stay in Corona?" Eugene asked. He was trying to make it tough on Rapunzel. He didn't want this marriage to work. In fact, he was doing everything possible to piss her off.

"You want to stay in Corona?" Rapunzel excitedly replied. It had always been her dream to raise her family in her hometown and this was the first thing they shared in common. If she could live in this tiny town with her true love, her life would be complete.

"Why not? We have nowhere better to go." Eugene grumbled. Great, now he let her do something she wanted. He should have asked if she wanted to move to New York City. If she liked this little town, then she would never want to move there.

"Yes! Let's go house hunting." Rapunzel cheered. She was happy that he was somewhat cooperating. Now they had to agree on what type of house, if they wanted yard space, or even pets! Oh boy.

"Who said I wanted a house?" Eugene fired back. He could tell she wanted a typical, white picket fenced house. He wasn't going to let her have it. He would take anything but that.

"What do you mean?" Rapunzel questioned. Who wouldn't want a house? He made no sense to her. Don't most people long for a house? I mean, an apartment is okay, but wouldn't you want somewhere where you can do as you want when you please?

"Maybe I want an apartment or maybe I just want to stay in your parents' basement." Eugene argued. He knew she hated being in her parents' basement. Maybe he could get her to back out of his marriage if he made her think he liked living here.

"I'll take anything other than my parents' basement." Rapunzel compromised. She was good at dealing with stubborn people. After all, she worked at the bank. People always accused her of robbing them of their money and stuff.

"Fine." Eugene grumbled as he rolled his brown eyes. He was going make it look like he was trying. Rapunzel opened up her laptop and searched for open houses in Corona. She found a few, but none lived up to Eugene's expectations.

"Look, we're not going to find a castle or mansion. We're a fresh couple. We don't have tons of money to spare right now and this is all we can afford." Rapunzel growled. Just when she thought he was being somewhat useful, he acted like a jerk. He didn't like anything she liked. Actually, he wanted everything she hated.

"Okay, let's check out this one then," Eugene replied, pointing to a light blue house on the screen. Rapunzel smiled, happy that he finally agreed on something. She found a realtor to show them the house on Tuesday morning. Rapunzel glanced at the clock, seeing that it was nearing 8pm. "When are we going to eat?" Eugene whined. He was starving.

"I don't know. Why don't you make us something?" Rapunzel spat, narrowing her green eyes at him from over the laptop. She was busy doing everything else. Why should she get up and get him something? He has two working legs.

"Because you're the wife." He snarled. That one was going to hurt her self esteem.

"Well, I see where you stand on social equality," Rapunzel grumbled. Eugene just huffed and leaned back into the couch. That didn't work either. "Please just go make something." Rapunzel begged, not looking away from the laptop screen.