Meet the parents

~Merida and Hiccup~
"Do you think your brothers will kill me?" Hiccup nervously asked. He had only met Merida's family once and that was so he could met Angus. He wasn't overly excited to see them again.

"I doubt it. They'll most likely try to kill me." Merida chuckled. She was driving to her parents' house. Hiccup's parents were going to meet there for lunch. Hopefully, everything goes well.

"Okay." Hiccup laughed. He was a little nervous about his parents meeting Merida's. What would they think of Merida? Soon, Merida pulled into the driveway and parked her red car. She quickly hopped out of he car with Hiccup right behind her.

"Okay, just act like yourself. They seemed to have liked you from the last time." Merida stated as she knocked on the door. They heard feet running to the door. The door opened and showed Elinor smiling.

"Merida! Hiccup!" She grinned as she brought them into a hug. Elinor loved her daughter very much and felt like Hiccup was a perfect match for her. He would help keep her on track and didn't seem like someone who would break her heart.

"Hi Mum." Merida squeaked. She forgot how tight her mother's bear hugs were. Soon, Fergus appeared and brought them inside. He was very find of Hiccup. Hiccup reminded him of himself. Only Hiccup was smaller and weaker.

"So Hiccup, when do ya think your parents will arrive?" He questioned. Fergus was nervous about meeting Hiccup's parents. From the few minutes he spent with Hiccup, he figured that his parents would be smart and sophisticated. Complete opposites of Fergus' family.

"Soon. They like to be a little late." Hiccup chuckled. His parents didn't like being the first people at parties and such. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and the boys came running down the stairs.

"Everyone, get in place!" Elinor ordered as she arranged the boys and her husband. She stood tall and opened the door to reveal an extremely tall man and woman. The woman looked very similar to Hiccup.

"Hi Mom! Hi Dad!" Hiccup smiled as he brought them indoors. He hoped that they would like Merida. He knew his father would love her since she was more of a man than he was. Ya know, she had more muscles and a stronger love for sports.

"It's so good to see you, Hiccup! Ey feel like I haven't seen you in forever," His mother, Valka, greeted as she hugged Hiccup. She couldn't remember the last time she hugged him. "And you must be Merida. Darling, you're beautiful." Valka smiled as she brushed the red curls out of Merida's blue eyes.

"Thank you." Media blushed. Her mother always told her that was beautiful or 'just darling', but it felt different coming from someone else. It was a nice compliment to receive from her mother-in-law.

"Mom. Dad. This is Elinor and Fergus." Hiccup introduced, showing off Merida's family. Hiccup liked how chaotic the family was. It helped assure him that not everything in life had to be perfect.

"Hello! It's so nice ta finally meet you." Elinor smiled as she shook each of their hands. Elinor had been waiting for this moment for a long time. She longed for the day she could finally meet her little girl's true love.

"Elinor. Fergus. These are my parents, Valka and Stoick." Hiccup smiled. He figured his dad would get along well with Fergus. They were both tall, muscular, and very loud.

"It's good ta meet ya lassies!" Fergus greeted as he happily shook each of their hands. He was so glad that they didn't turn out anything like he expected. Actually, they turned out just like he dreamed. Someone he could relate to.

"It's good ta meet ya too. Ey like your Scottish accent." Stoick smiled. Stoick had seen them at the wedding, but never fully got introduced. Things went a little crazy with Gobber so they had to quickly leave.