Tuesday night

~Rapunzel and Eugene~
"Eugene! Why were you late to our open house this morning?" Rapunzel exclaimed as she stomped down the basement stairs. They had an open house for the cute, blue Craftsman-style house down the street at 10:00 earlier that morning. Of course, Eugene was fifteen minutes late.

"I was busy." Eugene lied. He really wasn't. He wanted to get back at her for making him late to work yesterday morning. She made him look bad in front of his boss, again.

"You made me look like a fool. It was embarrassing." Rapunzel cried. She had to stand in front of the house assuring the realtor that her husband would be there soon. She could hardly focus on the house when all she could think about was his tardiness.

"Sorry. Anyways, do we want the house?" Eugene asked. He personally didn't mind it. It had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a basement, an updated kitchen, and a nice living room. Not to mention, it was move in ready so if they took this offer, they could move in instantly.

"I don't know. Can we even afford it?" Rapunzel frowned as she plopped beside him on the couch. She was nervous about being in debt or being rejected. Wouldn't that be a great start to a marriage?

"I was looking over what we get paid each month and we could definitely afford it. But I do have one question for you." Eugene replied. He gets home about an hour earlier than Rapunzel every night so he has time to check out their money issues. It was actually something he was good at.

"What?" Rapunzel smiled nervously. She knew he would be talking about her paycheck. Every month, her credit card takes off around four hundred dollars and she didn't tell Eugene why or where it went. She hasn't even told her parents about her problem. She actually found it embarrassing.

"Where are these four hundred dollars going every month?" Eugene questioned. He watched the brunette walk around the room with her arms crossed across her chest. He sat up, pushing the laptop off his lap, trying to study her. He was a good people reader.

"What four hundred dollars? I'm always bring home all my hard earned cash." Rapunzel lied. She could tell she wasn't convincing enough. He sent her a glare, assuring her that her answer screamed fake. She gave a small chuckle, gently folding her hands.

"Rapunzel, I'm not stupid. I know when we're not getting what we earned and we aren't getting four hundred dollars. Where is it going?" Eugene interrogated. He was confused at why she was hiding this from him. After all, she was the one who suggested getting a house.

"I can't tell you." Rapunzel mumbled. How could she tell Eugene her secret when she hasn't even told her trusted parents? This was a big, make that huge deal.

"Rapunzel, we're married. We have to tell each other everything, especially when it involves money, which we are kind of low on right now." Eugene reasoned. She scoffed and sent him a small glare. And he was one to talk. Last night he won't spill anything to her.

"That's not how you acted last night." Rapunzel argued. She couldn't believe he was pulling that on her. That wasn't fair. She crossed her arms, upset with him.

"That's not the same." Eugene fired back. Rapunzel frowned, knowing he was right, it wasn't the same. She dragged her toe on the floor, trying to decide whether to trust him or not. She sighed, giving in to him. She wanted to him to see that she trusted him so he should trust her.

"Fine. I'll tell you, just don't tell anyone." Rapunzel compromised. Eugene nodded his head, showing he understood. She raised her eyebrow, looking him over. She didn't want him to go and blab to the whole town. That would use be a nightmare.