Promotion Party

~Rapunzel and Eugene~
"Did you really invite all of the couples to this?" Eugene asked. They were going to his promotion party. Rapunzel and him had been making comics for every newspaper edition and now they were being recognized for it. His boss was going to promote him for actually making funny comics, unlike the last few editors who tried.

"Yes, this is a huge achievement." Rapunzel smiled. She was so happy for Eugene. He was finally getting recognized for something he's been doing for a month. She happily scrolled through her FaceBook updates, reading all of her relatives' recent accomplishments. 

"Well, it wouldn't have been possible without you though." Eugene smiled. Eugene might be coming up with all the ideas, but he couldn't draw to save his life. Rapunzel drew every single comic for him. He was thankful she had a natural talent.

"It's fun. This is my chance to actually be noticed for my drawings." Rapunzel giggled. Rapunzel was always great at drawing. She was the best in her high school, making teachers encourage her to study to be a professional. She had always wanted to, but it was too far away for her comfort.

"Okay, but there's one person I want to warn you about." Eugene replied, scrunching his nose. He didn't really like talking about him, but he wanted her to be prepared to meet him.

"Who?" Rapunzel questioned, looking up from her phone. She didn't need want to mess this up for Eugene. After all, this was all about him. She wanted to come off as professional for him.

"Pitch Black." He answered, waiting at the stop light. No cars were nearby, making them wait for nothing. He softly tapped the steering wheel, waiting to hear her response.

"Pitch? What kind of name is that?" Rapunzel chuckled. Who in their right mind would name their child Pitch? Did they want their child to come off as demonic?

"It's not his real name, it's just his nickname." Eugene explained, softly laughing. Okay, he had to admit, being told someone's name was Pitch is sort of startling at first. But Pitch wasn't someone to mess with.

"What's his real name?" She asked, tilting her head. The light turned green and they slowly pulled forward. He was driving slower than usual, but Rap didn't think much of it. She figured it was just his nerves.

"I honestly have no idea. He's been here since I started. He even introduced himself to me as Pitch Black." Eugene answered. Pitch was freaky. He never goes to office parties or takes a break. He's always there, even if his sick or something.

"Why do I need to worry about him?" Rapunzel questioned. Pitch was a strange name, but so far, he didn't seem like a threat to them.

"He's spooky. He's like the modern day Edgar Allan Poe. Everything he writes is creepy." Eugene explained, sprinkling his fingers like he was speaking about something taboo. He looked like he was going to cast a magic spell over her.

"I think you're over exaggerating." Rapunzel smiled, sending him a playful glare. Eugene was always known to over exaggerate. He would say anything to freak her out and make her sacred.

"He has fake spiders on his desk, he always talks to himself, all he wears is black, and he works in the darkest part of the office." Eugene widened his eyes. Eugene was freaked out from Pitch. He was like something straight out of a horror movie. If he was ever alone with him, Eugene would honestly have a heart attack.

"Maybe it just seems that way." She offered.

"Rapunzel, I've worked with this guy for five years. Every year he gets creepier. He would make millions in a horror movie." Eugene shuttered. He hated even the thought about watching a movie with him as the star. Eugene would probably wet his pants if he had to watch that, I mean, not that he's afraid or anything.