April

~Rapunzel and Eugene~
A loud banging came from down the hall, making her sit straight up. It sounded urgent as she tried to catch her breath. She glanced at the clock, reading 3:24 am. She tossed the covers off the bed and she ran to the door. She wrapped her purple robe tight around her body. As she brushed back her brown hair she unlocked the door. "Eugene?" She questioned he stood in front of her.

"Arianna, we need you. That baby's eyes won't stay shut!" Eugene whined as he tugged on his hair. He had dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. He rubbed his five o'clock shadow, hoping she would come.

"You look cold." Arianna teased as she glanced at his shorts and cut off T-shirt. Sure, it was spring, but it was still too cold to be wearing just that. He had goosebumps up his arms, making his arm hair stand straight up. He rolled his eyes and hugged his arms tight to his body.

"Can you please just come?" He begged, annoyance lacing his words. She giggled and grabbed a coat. She shut the door and followed him down the street. It was really a sight.

"Did you fed him a bottle?" She asked as he shuffled down the sidewalk. He nodded his head, tiredness pasted on his face. He could hardly keep his eyes open. His hair was sticking out all over the place.

"Yes, and we've burped him and changed him and rocked him and all he does is scream." Eugene explained. Arianna softly giggled, thinking about her first time taking care of Rapunzel all through the night.

They entered the small house to be greeted to Rapunzel. Tears ran down her face as she handed the baby to her mother. "He won't stop crying! I swear, he has the lungs of Michael Phelps!" Rapunzel cried.

Arianna took the baby and held him close. She took a seat in the rocking chair and grabbed the bottle off the table. She popped it into his mouth and slowly began to rock. As the baby began to fall asleep, so did the parents. When Arianna stood up to place the now fast asleep newborn into his crib, she found the exhausted parents laying in the floor, happily snoring.

Arianna slowly walked over them, knowing they would eventually wake up and move to their own beds. She slipped out the front door, remembering to lock the door for them. She walked back up the street to her house. She quietly entered the house, heading to her room. She pulled the covers back on, hearing her husband still fast asleep, his snores echoing in her ears.

xxx

Rapunzel groggily opened her eyes. The morning light shone in through the window, hitting against her green eyes. She had an awful taste in her mouth, telling she didn't brush her teeth. As she looked around, she noticed that she wasn't in her bed, but laying on the floor. She looked at the light blue walls and realized that she was in Bastian's room.

Suddenly, she sat up, fear running through her body. Where's the baby? She slapped Eugene's chest, making him bolt up. "What was that for?" He whined. She crawled close to his face, fear plastered on her face.

"The baby's quiet." She harshly whispered. His eyes, which were almost shut, were now wide open. They scrambled to their feet and looked over the crib. They examined him, seeing his chest move up and down in his blue onesie.

"Aww!" They quietly smiled, hugging each other. Rapunzel naturally laid her head into his shoulder and he laid his arm over her's. Bastian was so cute when he wasn't screaming bloody murder.

"That gave me a heartache." Rapunzel sighed as they walked out into the kitchen. Eugene nodded his head as he started the stove. He pulled out some eggs, ready to make her an omelette.

"He could be one of those hard rock singers." Eugene teased as he nodded his head up and down, pretending to play the electric guitar. Rapunzel giggled and nodded her head.