First night

~Rapunzel and Eugene~
"Okay, we don't know much about each other. So, let's talk." Rapunzel said, trying not to make it awkward as they got ready in the bathroom. She didn't really feel comfortable around Eugene.

"Okay." Eugene replied as he brushed his teeth. The little brunette only reached up to his shoulders. She seemed fidgety, almost as if she was nervous around him.

"What's your favorite type of genre?" She asked. She's been trying to talk to Eugene all day and now was the first time he's agreed. She wanted to know who the real Eugene was.

"Like for music? Movies?" He asked. He didn't really want to open up to Rapunzel. But, if he was going to live with this girl, he knew they would have to talk with each other.

"Both." She replied. She was willing to know anything.

"I like country music and comedies." He answered. Eugene was a country boy at heart. If you gave him guitar and a truck he would be the happiest man on earth.

"Now you can ask me any question." Rapunzel smiled. She was happy to at least know what he likes to listen to and watch. It was at least something.

"Why did you cut your hair and why did you dye it?" He asked. Eugene wasn't one to hold back questions. He didn't care if they were too personal. He would blurt out anything he wanted and he didn't care what everyone thought.

"How did you know that?" She asked, gently tugging on her hair. She never told him that she dyed her hair. How could this man she met two days ago know so much about her?

"Rapunzel, we're living in your parents' house. They have pictures of you as a baby everywhere and you have blonde hair, not brown." He said as he flossed his teeth. Rapunzel was surprised that he took care in his personal hygiene and how he paid  attention to the pictures on the walls.

"Right. I cut my hair because I was sick of it getting all over my face and I dyed my hair because I could." She said, her cheeks heating up. She figured her reasons were stupid.

"Because you could?" He asked.

"My parents always told me I couldn't dye my hair because I was too young and I didn't know what I wanted. So to prove them wrong, I cut my hair and dyed it." She explained. She was happy that he was showing interest in her life, so she was going to answer all his questions.

"So you're kind of rebellious?" Eugene smirked. Rapunzel looked like the kind of girl who always did what she was told, even if she was against it. Being told she did something because her parents told her she couldn't didn't seem like her.

"I guess. Okay, so what do you do?" Rapunzel asked. She wanted to know what to expect for their income.

"I'm a journalist in the local paper. What do you do?" He asked. Eugene didn't think his job wasn't anything important. If she really wanted to know, he would tell her.

"I work at the bank." Rapunzel smiled. It wasn't her dream job, but it was something to earn money, which she was kind of short of right now.

"What hours do you work?" Eugene asked.

"Hey, you asked two questions in a row!" She smiled as she playfully pushed him.