October

~Merida and Hiccup~
"Hic, it will be fun!" Merida persisted as he dragged her along the dirt path. The sky was slowing setting on the Autumn night.

"I don't know Meri." Hiccup mumbled. He didn't want to go in the haunted corn maze. He wasn't afraid of it. Ghost and witches were only things children were afraid of. He just didn't want to look stupid in front of her.

"Come on, Hic. What could be the worst that would happen?" Merida questioned. She really wanted to go with Hiccup. It would be no fun without him.

"We could get lost, being as it is a maze. We could get killed from a clown. Or, hmm, I don't know, be chased by a chainsaw maniac!" Hiccup exclaimed. He really don't want to go on this. He felt like it was a waste of time....and money.

"But that's what makes it fun!" Merida smiled as she waved her hands in front like a rainbow. She was really trying to sell Hiccup on the idea of going in the maze.

"Oh yeah. That definitely sounds like fun. Someone sign me up!" Hiccup sarcastically cheered. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. Merida couldn't pay him to go in the maze.

Merida sent him a glare. She was going in the maze with Hiccup. There was no ifs, ands, ors, or buts about it. "I've tried being nice. Now you leave me no choice." Merida growled. Hiccup looked at her confused. What was she going to do?

"You can't make me." Hiccup confidently declared as he turned the other way. She couldn't make him go if he didn't want to. Suddenly, he felt a pinch and a tugged on his ear.

"Come on!" Merida commanded as she dragged her whining husband to the starting point.

"Oww! Oww! Okay! Merida! People are staring!" Hiccup complained as she pulled him towards the line. She let go as they entered the line. He mumbled some curses as he rubbed his ear. "You couldn't have done that a nicer way?" Hiccup questioned.

"I tried being the nice cop, but you didn't cooperate. So you had to deal with the bad cop." Merida glared. Hiccup frowned and narrowed his eyes. They had a staring contest, trying to see who would win the fight. After what felt like hours, they both blinked.

"Are you kidding me? We tie at a staring contest! How does that even work?" Hiccup exclaimed. Merida patted his shoulder as they got to the end pay point of the line.

"I guess we're too much alike." Merida teased. Hiccup chuckled as she ruffled his hair.

"Twenty dollars." The cashier grumbled. He didn't look pleased to be working tonight. Merida looked to Hiccup, expecting him to pay. Hiccup groaned and pulled out his wallet. He paid for them and walked towards the beginning. Plenty of teens were there, acting like they were super tough.

"Hiccup, why don't want to go in?" Merida asked as they began entering. She really didn't want to force him in, but she had no other choice. She figured she could calm him down if they talked about something else as they went through.

Hiccup sighed and looked at the ground. "I didn't want you to think I was a whimp. I mean, I'm definitely not as strong as you or as brave. Coming in here was setting myself up for failure." Hiccup explained. The sounds of screams were heard up ahead, warning them that something spooky was coming.

"Oh Hiccup. You could never be a whimp in my eyes. The only reason I'm this way is because of my father and siblings. They grew me to be the big, strong, older sister. You never had the chance to protect a younger sibl-ahh!" Merida screamed as she jumped into Hiccup's arms as someone jumped out of the corn.