chapter 3

It's been about a week since I started at NYU. I've made a few friends but I mostly hang out with Cole, even though he is really popular around campus. I don't understand why, I mean he is a lot of fun and incredibly attractive but people seem to talk to him all the time, even if he doesn't know them. I might ask him about it, I just don't know how without sounding rude.

I fished my keys out of my bag and unlocked the door to the apartment. Cole doesn't finish his classes for a few hours so I planned on watching a movie and then grabbing some dinner when Cole gets home. When I stepped through the door, to my surprise Cole was sitting on the sofa.

"Oh hey why are you back so early? Don't tell me you skipped class." I asked setting my things on the counter. Cole looked rather startled when I turned to face him. "Did you do something to your hair?" He looked like himself but completely different at the same time.

"Uh I'm not Cole, I'm Dylan" he said with a nervous chuckle.
"Oh I'm sorry! Haha I didn't even realise" I could feel my cheeks flush red. Dylan got up off the couch and began to walk towards me. "And you are..?"
"Y/n" I smiled and could still feel my cheeks were hot.

"Pleasure to meet you y/n." He took my hand and kissed the back of it. He is such a gentleman but now my face was redder than a tomato and my heart was pounding.

We walked back to where Dylan was sitting and the conversation started flowing like we had known each other for years.

-------------------------------------------------------
A few hours later we were still laughing and talking when we heard the door knob jiggle open.

When Cole walked through the door he was just as surprised to see us talking than I was to see Dylan in the first place.

"What are you guys doing?" He seemed to have caution in his voice, I couldn't imagine why.
Dylan spoke up "Cole you didn't tell me you had a hot girl for a roommate!" I blushed so hard a starred at my shoes not knowing what to say. "Dylan I need to talk to you" Cole sounded very stern. 
"Excuse my but I'm in the middle of something important" Dylan replied smirking and winking at me.
"Dylan, now!" Cole was really mad now but Dylan jumped up and followed Cole to his bedroom.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop but Cole was talking loud enough for me to hear from where I was sitting. "Dylan don't you dare ask her out! You alway do this, take the girl that I like and then break her heart! Even if you did take her from me, if you hurt her I swear I will  kill you! She doesn't deserve that she's a good person."
"Cole don't tell me what to do, why would you assume I'd break her heart?"
"You've done it plenty of times before and I've let it go but you stay away from y/n"
"No promises Cole" I could practically hear Dylan smirking.

The door to Coles bedroom opened and Dylan strutted out like nothing happened.
"Hey lets go get dinner I'm starving" Dylan smiled down at me offering his hand. I took it and stood while Cole grabbed a jacket and the rest of his things. "Um I didn't invite you" Dylan rudely stated, scowling at Cole.
"Well I am!" I grabbed Coles arm, letting go of Dylan's hand. Cole was looking at the ground trying not to smirk at Dylan. We then headed out to dinner, me and Cole hand in hand and Dylan stomping after us.

________________________________________________________________
Vote, comment and share ❣