chapter 8

The next few days went by quickly. I resumed my regular routine; class, study, sleep. Cole decided not to speak to Dylan about the incident at his party. 'I don't accept his behavior at all and I'm terribly sorry about what happened but he is my brother and I don't want to do something I'll regret.' He gave a valid point so I've moved on from it.

It was Thursday and we hadn't gone grocery shopping in over a week so I headed off campus to the store.

I was almost at the grocery shop on the corner. The heels of my boots loudly clicking on the ground. Suddenly I felt an arm drape across my shoulders and I let out a loud gasp. I looked up to see Dylan smirking down at me. "A little on edge today?" I shoved his arm off me "leave me alone" I picked up my pace slightly. "Oh come on, I know you enjoyed the other night." I turned and glared at him "yeah if you count your boyfriends brother taking advantage of you fun, then sure!" My voice was slightly raised but I didn't want to cause a scene in the middle of the street. "Listen I'm sorry but I honestly thought you would have loved it once you felt the connection between us." I scoffed at his belief in what he just said. I kept walking not being able to bare his presence anymore.

"I bet Cole told you about my past but did he mention his own?" Dylan called after me, causing me to stop and turn to face him. I raised my eyebrows expecting him to explain himself. "Come on I'll buy you a coffee" he grabbed my hand but I snatched it back. I reluctantly agreed, this wouldn't make me trust or forgive Dylan but curiosity got the worst of me.

---

We sat down in Starbucks with our coffees. "So how's NYU?" Dylan asked. "Can you just get to the point, I don't want to be here with you." "Ouch alright then" Dylan scooted closer to me and continued. "Well I assume Cole told you how many 'hearts I've broken." He chuckled using finger quotations. "But they were only temporary because I knew they weren't right for me." I couldn't help but listen intently to this other side of Dylan.

"I didn't want to waste my time with girls who I knew wouldn't last. I want a girl who is funny and intelligent but can have a good time with me." This was surprisingly making a lot of sense and I felt a little guilty for judging him too quickly. He continued "and don't get me wrong I was upset about the breakups too, I started to drink a lot and it became a habit. I've done a lot of things I regret whilst I was drunk." He looked at me in the eyes and I knew he was talking about me as well.

I looked down at my coffee not sure of what to say. When I looked back up at him he started to lean in to my face..

_______________________________

I'm sorry this is so short but it was a fast update!
Thank you so much for one thousand views!

Vote, comment and share ❤️