chapter 21

My head was throbbing and the room was spinning. I didn't have to drive so I decided I might as well get drunk but before I knew it I was completely smashed.

I was sat on the couch as I watched the sweaty bodies dancing in the centre of the room. I didn't expect this many people to show up to Cole's party but I didn't mind, it was a lot of fun.

I tried to steady my vision and leant my head in my hands, concentrating on my feet. I didn't care that I was now in this state, it was a Saturday night and I already had a decent conversation with a lot of Coles friends without making a fool of myself. They all seemed very nice and happy to finally meet me.

I hadn't seen Cole in a few hours. I realised that I probably should've stayed closer to him considering I only knew a couple of people in the crowd of people.

I tried I stand but automatically fell back onto the couch. My head spun and I knew there was no way I could walk without someone helping me.

I felt the couch dip beside me but I wasn't in a good enough physical state to lift my head. It wasn't until I felt their arm sling across my shoulders that I looked over at them.

"Ash?"

"Hey babe how's it going?" His words were steady and he looked completely sober. I couldn't believe he was here acting like I didn't figure out his lies.

"Why- wha-" I couldn't put together a sentence to begin questioning his lies and his nonchalant attitude.

"Are you okay?" "Yea- well no I'm confused." He gave my a puzzled look but gestured me to continue. "Cole, my boyfriend, he doesn't know you and I don't know you but you know Cole and you know me but you lied." I tried to focus on what I was saying but my scattered mind currently had little intellect.

"What are you talking about y/n?" "You lied! I don't know you so doesn't Cole!" He laughed at my words "your not making any sense." "Wait Cole told me to find him cause your here, I need Cole" I stumbled off the couch  before I was stopped. Ash pulled me back onto the couch "Coles fine you can stay here." "Of course Cole is fine but I'm not I need to find him."

This time I successfully stood up and began to scan the crowded apartment ignoring Ash calling after me. His voice was drowned out by the music and I thought he gave up until he abruptly stood in front of me. I tried pushing past him but he took me by the waist and guided me towards my bedroom. "Cole isn't in my room." "I know but I want to talk to you alone."

I couldn't help but feel unsafe, alcohol could only take the edge off so much. When we passed the kitchen I recognised someone I knew I could trust to help me.

"Dylan!"

Dylan's P.O.V.

I heard y/n call my name and I turned to see
some random guy with his arm around her waist. I didn't hesitate before walking straight up to them ignoring the guys  claims that she was okay. "Come on let's go" I grabbed y/n's hand only to have her fall backwards into the guy. His grip had tightened on her waist, refusing to let go.

"What are you doing? Let her go!" I saw y/n wince in pain from his tight grip on her. "Listen asshole I just wanted to talk to her in private there no need to get aggressive." "I think you crossed that line when you physically forced her to go with you!" I wasn't an aggressive person nor one to fight but he was clearly unwanted and didn't care that he was causing y/n pain and I was prepared to help her no matter what.

"I have to sit, please?" Y/n wobbled slightly and her eyelids looked heavy, she was clearly wasted. "Sure, come in here" he began pulling her into the bedroom, trying to shut the door but not before I pushed past him.

"Dude can't you leave us alone for a minute?" He seemed more annoyed than aggressive, which was a slight relief. Y/n suddenly spoke up "I think he's trying to tell me something important Dylyyy" She slurred with a giggle "otherwise he wouldn't have hurt my hip, look!" She pulled down her skirt slightly revealing already apparent bruises and redness.

"You asshole! What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Now I was fuming and my raised voice seem to startle y/n. This was nothing compared to how Cole would have reacted. She lightly ran up to me, hugging me torso. "Don't be angry Dylyyy!" "Oh my god you are so drunk" I placed my hand on the small of her back leading her into the kitchen. "You can talk to her when she's sober and capable of responding" I scowled at the guy leaving him annoyed and disappointed. "Come on let's find Cole."

I knew y/n needed him right now but I was worried about how ugly this situation was about to get.

_______________________________
Please Vote, Comment and Share 💁🏼😘

Man I'm totally winging this story line, who knows where it's headed 😂