chapter 19

I woke up suddenly to a knock on my door. My neck ached from sleeping on the couch. I got up to answer the door but it was only Dylan.

"Hey! What's up?" My cheery mood disappeared when Dylan seemed concerned. "You haven't checked your phone yet have you?" "Not yet, why? What's wrong?"

"Cole's in the hospital" my stomach dropped instantly. "What? Is he okay? What happened?" "He's fine I swear but last night he went to pick up a friend from a party but some guy decided to beat the shit out of him." "Oh my god wait let me get dressed."

I could hardly focus on getting dressed with so many thoughts running through my mind. Why would someone hurt Cole like that? He never started trouble and if he was picking a friend up he wouldn't have been drinking or doing something stupid.

I grabbed my keys and phone and headed out with Dylan to his car. He seemed very distracted while driving. "Hey, you said he was okay right? Everything will be fine" I said putting my hand on his arm. I tried my best to soothe his tense attitude.

We got to the hospital after what felt like forever. After Dylan asked the receptionist where to go I felt far too anxious to see him. When we got to his room I pushed the door open eagerly.

He was lying in bed watching tv, he looked startled but relaxed when he saw us. He looked awful, a black eye, cuts and grazes all over him.

I ran up to him and hugged him tightly, he hugged back but slightly groaned in pain. "What the hell happened?" Me and Dylan sat in  the chairs beside the bed. "Well I was waiting in my car to pick up me friend when Jack-" my heart almost stopped when I heard his name. "-grabbed me and started attacking me along with some other guy, obviously I had no chance to defend myself and here I am."

I felt so angry, I couldn't believe Jack would do this and for what? Did he think this would make things any better between us? "I can't believe that asshole!" I was fuming but tears were spilling down my cheeks. "You mean your ex-boyfriend Jack?" Dylan asked. I sat with my head in my hands, Cole had nothing to do with Jack and he doesn't deserve this.

"So what's the damage bro?" Dylan spoke up after a few minutes of silence. "Other than cuts and bruises just a few bruised ribs." I just shook my head in disbelief "I'll be back" I stated grabbing my phone. "Babe where are you going?" Cole asked. "Just outside okay?" "Don't you dare call him" it was unbelievable how Cole could read my mind like that. I sighed sitting back in my seat.

"It's not okay for him to do this to you! Can't he just stay away from you?" "No but you can stay away from him" I rolled my eyes, I already knew Cole was right but I argued anyway. "I just think I should talk to him about-" "no" Cole cut me off. "You need to stay away from him, please." "Okay" I mumbled back, knowing Cole is stubborn in serious situations and I would never change his mind.

Cole was allowed to go home so after he signed a few documents we got into Dylan's car. Me and Cole sat in the back together, I rested my head on his shoulder while he gently rubbed my thigh in a comforting manner.

We finally got back to our apartment after Dylan dropped us off. We sat on the sofa to watch a movie since Cole was instructed to move as little as possible. I heard my phone buzz and I saw a text come through.

Maybe you misunderstood me

-Jack

I quickly looked up at Cole, luckily he didn't see it. The last thing I wanted was Cole to get involved and try to protect me. I knew he would so I didn't mention it. I decided to quickly type back

Or perhaps you misunderstood me in the first place

It was a bit risky replying, especially after Cole told me to never contact him again.

I started to get nervous thinking about what Jack meant. Misunderstood what? Maybe taking him back wasn't an option but more of a threat.

"Uh do you want anything while I'm in the kitchen?" I asked Cole. "No I'm okay" he replied, smiling. I got myself a glass of water, I started feeling uneasy.

I got a fright when I heard Coles stern voice behind me. He held my phone with my messages on the screen. "What the hell is this y/n?"

Fuck

_______________________________
Please vote, comment and share 😚😚

And 6k reads 😍 thank you so much! Love you all

But real talk why do some writers try and make their stories interesting with such an unrealistic plot? Especially when they have no experience in the topic, literally ranging from sex to depression, etc. I was unsure about the recovery of broken ribs and they have the confidence to write such abrupt plot twists and dramatic events 😂😂