chapter 15

I woke up suddenly, still on the couch in Coles arms. The tv was on but when I looked up at him he was already staring at me. "What?" "I don't tell you how beautiful you are often enough." I blushed and got up off the couch.

"I'm taking you out today" Cole stated. "Noo can't we stay and cuddle" I whined at him. "Nope I'm serious I have been a shitty boyfriend so I'm taking you out."

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Is this about what happened with Dylan?" Cole turned away from me "no not at all." I knew he was lying, what Dylan said was pretty awful and I could imagine how bad it got to Cole.

I took his hands in mine "please don't let your mind play on his words, you and I both know that it's not true."

"But I don't deserve you" Cole looked down at our hands "you treat me like I could never hurt you." I leant up and kissed his soft lips, he kissed back more passionately. I smiled against his lips "come on lets publicly display affection in a museum or something." Cole grinned and followed me out the door.

---
We came out of MOMA, which was absolutely breathtaking as always, and decided to take a walk through the park since it was nearby.

We walked hand in hand, laughing and talking like the young couple we were. My feelings for Cole were stronger than ever and I knew I was falling for him, hard.

I decided this day was absolutely perfect. That was until I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Y/n?"

I turned to see my ex-boyfriend, Jack.

He cheated on me after graduation when we were together for two and a half years.

I stood there frozen unsure of what to say. Cole being the polite guy he is, held out his hand to shake "hey I'm Cole, and you are?" "Jack."

Coles p.o.v

I had no idea who this guy was but y/n was obviously bothered by him. I'm guessing he's an ex.

"What could you possibly want?" Y/n finally spoke up.

"Listen I never meant to hurt you and I haven't stopped thinking about you since. I still love you." Jack was a little too close y/n. She looked angry but also like she was about to cry.

"Uh come on babe lets just go" I tried to pull her away. "No! Can you just let us talk?" He grabbed y/n's arms but she pushed him off. "Get the hell off me you asshole! I never want to talk to you again." She stormed off and I followed quickly after.

Y/n p.o.v

I can't believe Jack would think for a second I would consider talking to him. It started to rain, while I walked through the park. Wow cliche movie moment. This completely ruined my day with Cole. Oh fuck Cole.

I turned to see his jogging after me. As soon as he got to me he hugged me, instantly causing me to loose my composure and cry into his chest.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked me. I shook my head in response; I just wanted to try and stay strong, especially in front of Cole.

Cole called an uber so we wouldn't have to walk home. The whole way I silently stared out the window. I just wanted to stop thinking about Jack. I must've been the stupidest girl to fall so hard for someone who felt no guilt in having sex with my best friend, completely sober.

When we walked into the apartment I went to my room and shut the door. I threw myself on the bed in a heap. I've moved on from all of that, why do I still feel like this?

Cole's p.o.v

I didn't know what to do. Clearly y/n was still hung up on this guy but he must've hurt her terribly.

I decided to knock on her door. She answered it looking completely fine, her eyes weren't red and puffy. "Yeah?" She seemed so nonchalant about what happened. "Uh would you like anything to eat?" "No I'm okay." She smiled but it seemed fake. Why am I so awkward?

Y/n p.o.v

I woke up the next day feeling emotionally better but it was strange not sleeping with Cole.

I heard Cole in the kitchen so I decided to get up. "Good morning!" I tried to be more cheerful today. "Morning" Cole mumbled not looking up at me. "Is everything okay?" "Yep." He was definitely pissed off at something.

"I'm going out." He said and quickly walked out. What the hell was that about? He wasn't going to class because we finished for the semester and he always tells me what his plans are.

I was far too eager for Cole to get home so I stayed home the whole day. Around lunch there was a knock at the door.

As soon as I saw Dylan I jumped into his arms. I'd been feeling so many bad emotions and I just needed a friend to talk to. "Hey aha" Dylan was surprised by my reaction. "Do you wanna come in?" I asked stepping aside.

We sat on the couch and I turned off my movie. "I just wanted to apologize  for acting like the biggest asshole in the world and I just miss talking to you." He looked at the ground and his cheeks were red. "Now I've had time to think I can understand the situation and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to see me, but it was worth the shot." "Your forgiven and I missed you too, your so much easier to talk to than Cole" I laughed slightly. "Yeah Cole is willing to apologize and shower you in gifts but never thinks to talk it out." "He was mad at me this morning but I don't know it it's my fault."

I told Dylan everything about my past with Jack and the awkwardness between Cole and I.
I felt so much better talking about it after so long, turns out I only needed someone to listen.

_______________________________
Vote and comment lovelies ❤️❤️

Strange spot to end it but it'll end up huge if I include the next part.