33. What is This?

The Stark woman walked over to the computer to figure out what happened to Jarvis while her cousin was out of the room getting Harley.

Lucy found Jarvis in an underground network, his true self, hiding, scared. As scared as an Artificial Intelligence could get. The girl showed an emotion on her face - she was frightened? No. She was worried. The AI seemed lost, not really remembering his true self. Tony returned to the room with the golden haired boy.

"I figure it would be best for him to know everything," the billionaire spoke. Lucy moved away from the computer and grabbed a small transparent screen that was like a remote for holograms. Tony walked over to the computer Lucy was just at.

"So Ultron killed a guy," Steve spoke. "But there was no one else in the building besides Harley."

"Yes there was," Lucy answered. She made a hologram appear in the middle of the room. The sphere that was once Jarvis was now broken into different pieces. Lucy regretfully looked to her cousin as he stared at the orange mess. Bruce began to walk toward it in shock, Harley did the same.

"Do you know what happened to him?" the kid questioned.

"Ultron."

"This is insane," Bruce spoke. "Why Jarvis?"

"Ultron could easily get into the mainframe and destroy the system. That is if he's as powerful as you made him be, Tony."

The scientist looked at his cousin, all thoughts of their earlier fight lost, "I upgraded the system before creating him. He was meant to be stronger than Jarvis."

"Jarvis is hiding in an underground network when I tried to see what happened to him. He's scared, Tony. And he's lost -- but not completely gone."

"Of course he would be scared," Bruce spoke still staring at the broken sphere. "Imagine a robot with a human mind, and higher intelligence than you, try to kill you. Try to erase you from existence. Wouldn't you be scared?"

"Bruce, he almost threw her out a window," Clint spoke. "You'd think that would be enough to get scared."

"Not almost -- he did."

Maria spoke up, "But why would he go after her? Lucy isn't any different than the rest of us."

Thor had stormed into the room but slowly stopped when he heard what Maria had said, but knowing Lucy's secret, he ignored it and continued walking. He passed by the brunette woman and over to Tony, yet again, lifting him into the air like he had done back in September, but this time clearly ready to start a bout with the scientist.

Lucy pinched the bridge of her nose as Clint spoke up, "Words, Thor. Not hands." The Asgardian put the scientist back on his feet.

"What was that for?" Tony quietly questioned.

"He took the scepter," Thor stated before looking to Maria. "And why wouldn't he go after Lucy?"

"Thor," Lucy spoke warningly causing him to think.

"That topic can be discussed later. I followed the Sentient carrying the scepter and they seem to be heading East." This caused Tony to think.

"How do we get him?" Natasha questioned.

"Together," Steve spoke.

"Doesn't seem like you would be too keen on working with a group, Rogers," Tony said.

Lucy looked at her cousin, hands clasped together, "Or that could just be you speaking." Tony glared at the woman.

"Don't even think about it."

"I'm not, and I won't. I don't want to fight with you anymore. And I don't want you fighting with Steve either. You'll be the cause to a civil war between you both." Tony didn't say a word. The last thing he would want is a fight between him and Steve. And he didn't want the rest involved, let alone his cousin. But no matter how much he cared for her, she was now dangerous to the group and herself.

"Do you know which exact direction eastward they were heading?" Clint asked Thor as the two cousins didn't say another word.

"No," Thor replied. Tony walked out of the room, not bothering to engage in anymore conversation.

The Avengers and Harley left the lab as Helen stayed behind to help Maria with her foot. The group separated and did their own things before they gathered in a room that had dark colored walls, but looked comforting. Lucy hadn't seen it before. She noticed two posters on the wall; One of Steve, the other of her. The Captain's being from when he was selling war bonds, Lucy's from when she had first become Lady Liberty. She noticed a pedestal which held what looked to be an old Roman styled vambrace for a person's forearm. On the wall above it was an old black and white picture of a woman. She tried glancing at the woman's facial features, but the sudden voice of Thor broke her train of thought.