13. My Fiancé

Lucy and Steve went to the hospital after the event and watched as the doctors tried to save Nick. Natasha walked in almost running to the window watching in horror.

"Is he going to be okay?" she asked.

"I don't know," Lucy replied.

"Tell me about the shooter."

"He's fast. He's strong. Had a metal arm." Maria Hill walked in and stood on the other side of Natasha.

"Ballistics."

"Three slugs," the Agent said. "No Rifle, and completely untraceable."

"Soviet made."

"Yeah." The heart monitor began to go off. The doctors tried to revive Nick, but failed. Lucy covered her mouth as she walked out of the room, Steve following her to comfort her. Maria followed them about 5 seconds later leaving Natasha with Rumlow and Jasper Sitwell as they walked in. Later, they were all in another room as Natasha was there to see Nick one last time. She walked out, Lucy following her.

"Natasha," Steve said, trying to get her attention. She turned around.

"Why was Fury in your apartment?" she asked. Steve walked over to the two.

"We don't know." Agent Rumlow walked up.

"Agent," he said. Lucy turned around. "They want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D." She nodded.

"Yeah, give me a second."

"They want you now."

"Okay." Rumlow walked away. Lucy turned back around to Natasha.

"You're a terrible liar." She walked away. Steve looked to Lucy before looking to the vending machine next to them deciding to leave the flash drive in it. Steve and Lucy had changed into their uniforms which had been modified again, both being the same style just a different fit for the two soldiers. Alexander Pierce spoke with Lucy about what had happened. Before the Agent left, the last thing she heard him say was, "Someone killed my friend and I'm going to find out why. If someone will interpose in my way, they'll regret it. Anyone." Lucy walked out of the office, Steve waiting outside for her. They made their way to the elevator.

"Operations control," Steve spoke to the AI waiting for a command.

"Confirmed," it said. The doors began to close until Rumlow and two other Agents walked in.

"Forensics," he said.

"Confirmed."

"Cap. Agent." Steve turned around and Lucy looked at the Agent.

"Rumlow," Steve greeted. The elevator began to descend to the lower floors.

"Evidence reports said they have some fibers from the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the Tack Team ready?"

"No, let's wait and see what it is first."

"Right." The elevator stopped and the doors opened. A group of business Agents walked in.

"Administrations level," a man said.

"Confirmed." Steve noticed that one of the men with Rumlow kept his hand on a taser. The business men moved to the back corner of the elevator. Lucy and Steve stepped forward, giving the men room.

"Sorry about what happened with Fury," Rumlow said. "Messed up what happened to him."

"Thank you," Steve replied. He and Lucy began to have suspicions of the men in the elevator. It stopped again and the doors opened revealing three more Agents, Agent Jack Rollins being one of them. They walked in.