15. The Winter Soldier

The three S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents went with Sam and Sitwell as they began to drive back to the Triskelion. Sam drove while Steve was in the passenger's seat, and Natasha, Lucy and Sitwell in the back seats. They were driving on the highway.

"Hydra doesn't like leaks," Sitwell said breaking the silence.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam asked, looking at the Agent from the rear view mirror.

"Insights launching in 16 hours. We're kinda cutting it a little bit close here," Lucy stated as she moved to the middle of the car to speak to Steve.

"I know," Steve replied looking out the window. "We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly."

"What?" Sitwell asked, looking at Steve like he was crazy. "Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." There was a thud on the roof of the car. Everyone, except Sam, looked up. A metal arm broke the window, grabbing Sitwell. Lucy and Natasha reached for the Agent to pull him back but he was pulled through the window and to the other side of the highway, being hit by an oncoming truck. Lucy noticed the man grab a pistol, and she moved to the front, in Steve's lap pulling him down as a shot was fired through the head rest of the passengers seat. Steve pulled the emergency brake and the car skidded to a stop, making the man on the roof fly off only to end up okay as he stopped himself with his metal arm. Lucy grabbed a gun only to have it fall on the floor when a car hit theirs in the back. The car behind them pushed them toward the man, who jumped onto the roof and grabbed the steering wheel of the car, pulling it out of the car.

"Shit!" Sam yelled as Lucy struggled to reach for the gun, grabbing it in the end. The man, now recognized as the Winter Soldier jumped onto the hood of the car behind them as they sped up hitting the back of the car the four were in. Steve grabbed his shield and the door, breaking it, and using it as a shield on the road. He pulled Sam with him while Lucy kept her arm around Steve's neck as she grabbed Natasha pulling her with them. The Russian had grabbed Lucy's shield before they fell out of the car. When they recovered, they quickly got up. The Winter Soldier was given a missile launcher and shot at Steve, only to have it be blocked by his shield, and sending him flying into a bus below, causing it to lose control.

Lucy moved to where Natasha was taking her shield as they began to get shot at. Both made their way to the other side of the highway, jumping over the railing of the road. They ran under the bridge and saw the Soldier's shadow on the road. When he moved to shoot at the bus Steve was in, Lucy shot at him, hitting his goggles causing him to fall back. She and Natasha moved over to hide behind a vehicle as the Soldier began to shoot at the spot they were in. The two noticed his goggles being gone before they began shooting at him. Natasha began running when she ran out of bullets, Lucy following when the last bullet was shot. Natasha hid behind a car, recording her voice on her phone, and leaving it against the tire before running over to where Lucy had hid. The Winter Soldier heard the recording as he began to follow them and took a bomb from his back pocket, rolling it on the ground to the other side of the car. When the car exploded, Natasha attacked the Soldier. She jumped on his back and took out a cord, pulling it up to his neck, trying to strangle him. He grabbed her arm and threw her off of him to the car in front of them. Natasha pulled out a small disk and threw it at the Winter Soldiers left arm, shocking him. The two began to run, Lucy being shot in the shoulder. When she and Natasha saw the Soldier, Steve ran their way and began hand in hand combat with the Winter Soldier who now had a knife. Lucy kept pressure on her shoulder as the two fought. The fight came to a point where Steve broke part of the Soldiers metal arm distracting him enough to get a grip on his mask as he flipped the man over his shoulder. The mask fell to the ground. The man turned and looked at Steve. Lucy's eyes widened when she recognized the man.