10. Suit Up

For the rest of the night, Tony, Bruce and Lucy work on locating the Cube and 'hacking' into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. Lucy had gone to change into her uniform, to see if it fit, soon deciding to keep it on. Once back in the lab, Lucy and Tony sat on the table looking at the monitor with Bruce as it continued scanning the S.H.I.E.L.D. files and for a location of the Tesseract. Nick walked in.

"What are you doing, Mr. and Miss Stark?" he asked walking toward the three scientists.

"Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony said in response.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are," Bruce spoke, "The model's locked and we're sweeping through the signature right now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

"Yeah, then you get your Cube back," Tony said. "No muss, no fuss." The screen beeped and said Phase 2. Lucy and Tony turned their attention to the screen.

"What is Phase 2?" Lucy asked. Steve walked in and set a weapon on a table.

"Phase 2 is that S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the Cube to make weapons," Steve spoke in a half annoyed half angry tone of voice. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract," Nick said walking toward Steve as Lucy got off of the table she was sitting on. "This does not mean-"

"I'm sorry, Nick," she said cutting him off as she turned the screen toward him and Steve showing them plans for weapons, "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong Director," Steve said. "The world hasn't changed a bit."

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Natasha as she and Thor walked into the room.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asked.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Lucy moved over to where Steve stood to get a better look at the weapon he had found, determining that it was a Hydra weapon.

"I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," Bruce spoke again, pointing to the screen Lucy had turned toward Nick. Tony was now standing over by Lucy and Steve.

"Because of him," Nick replied pointing to Thor who was taken aback by the statement.

"Me?" Thor asked.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

"Like you control the Cube," Steve accused. He began getting upset with Nick's words which caused Lucy to place her hand on his shoulder in a comforting way.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies," Thor said to Nick. "It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."