6. We Swear

The next week, in London, Steve and Lucy had become good friends with five of the members of the 107th. They introduced themselves as Timothy "Dum Dum" Dugan, Gabriel "Gabe" Jones, both serving for America along with Jim Morita, British soldier James Montgomery Falsworth, and French soldier Jacques Dernier. Lucy sat at the table with them in a blue dress waiting for Steve to join the bunch after speaking with Colonel Phillips. When he did, he sat next to her and mentioned an idea of forming a group.

"So let me get this straight," Dum Dum said after placing his beer mug down.

"We barely got out of there alive and you want us to go back?" Gabe asked.

"Pretty much," Steve replied.

"Sounds rather, fun actually," James said. Jim burped before putting the glass of beer on the table.

"I'm in," he said. Jacques and Gabe started talking to each other in French. Everyone looked at them.

"We're in," Gabe said pointing to him and Jacques.

"What about you, Lady Liberty?" James asked.

"I'm making myself the promise to stay by Steve's side, so, I'll always be in," Lucy replied. The Captain looked to Dum Dum to answer.

"Hell, I'll always fight," Dum Dum said. "But you gotta do one thing for me?"

"What's that?" Steve asked.

"Open a tab." Everyone started laughing. Steve got up grabbing the beer mugs with Lucy's help as she followed behind him.

"Told you they were idiots," Bucky said as Steve and Lucy walked over and sat on the barstools next to the Sergeant.

"What about you?" Steve asked. "You ready to follow Captain America and Lady Liberty into the jaws of death?"

"Hell no. That little guy from Brooklyn that was too dumb enough to run away from a fight... I'm following him." Bucky looked to Steve. "But you're keeping your outfits, right?"

"You know what?" Steve looked back at the poster of him what had a sign saying show canceled on it. "It's kinda growing on me."

"Dito," Lucy said after taking a sip of the glass of whiskey placed in front of her. The guys at the table began singing a song. Lucy listened to the song, knowing it sounded joyous, but in reality was written for a different reason.

"And remember that the best of friends must part," the men sang, but slowly came to a stop. Bucky, Steve and Lucy all looked to see the cause of the singing to cease and saw Peggy walk into the room wearing a knee length red evening gown. The trio stared at her, all three standing up.

"Captain," Peggy said.

"Agent Carter," Steve replied.

"Ma'am," Lucy and Bucky said.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try," Peggy said. "Lucy will be there with him. Tomorrow morning."

"Sounds good," Steve replied. The men began singing again. There was a silence between the four.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty," Peggy said, breaking the silence.

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked.

"I do, actually." Peggy kept looking at Steve, ignoring the fact Bucky was the one saying stuff and that he and Lucy were there. "I might even, when this is all over, go dancing."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"The right partner. 0800, Captain." Peggy walked away.

"Yes, Ma'am," Steve called. "I'll be there."