[Chapter One]

A new story with lots of romance! Don't miss out. Comment. Thanks!

I am princess Nayla Citaly Wenshall, heir to the New United States throne. I won't be able to rule alone.

Sitting along the window edge in my red dress, I flatten the already crisp folds of my dress. Looking down from my bedroom, I can see trucks loading in for the ball decorations. The ball is to be hosted tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm ready to meet some suitors. All I know, is that my birthday is six months from now and I need to find a man, my man.

Sighing, I decide to take a breather. Walking through the doors of my room, I find my butler. "Good morning Ian!"

"Good morning to you too, Princess," Ian smiles.

"I was wondering if you would accompany me on taking a stroll through the city. I won't go far," I say.

"Of course, Princess, just one moment." Ian presses two fingers to his earpiece. He mumbles into the small mic just below his chin. After a minute, six guards come running from the left side of the hallway. All dressed in black, just like Ian. I should already be getting used to body guards by now, but nope. "Shall we go, Princess?"

"Yes," I say with a smile.

Reaching the city not far from the castle, I see my favorite bookstore through the car window. "Here please," I tell Ian, who stops the car. One of the guards opens my door. He holds his hands out to me. I take it and pull myself out. "Thank you, Leo." His eyes twinkle at the sound of his name.

"My pleasure, Princess," he says, tipping his head. I head to the library entrance. My dress flows with every step I take. Walking in, I see the ever so familiar scenery. The two story dome. Not a single person in here, yet so welcoming. The stairway leading to the balcony. The books.

I turn my head to find a friend. "Good morning Kate!" I rush over to her desk. "It's been awhile, how are you?" I ask.

"Princess!"

"Now dear, I told you to call me Nayla." I say. She giggles.

"Yes yes. I've been good, how about you, Nayla." I smile at my name.

"Excellent. How are the children?" I ask.

"They've been waiting for you," she grins and motions to them. Five children sit in the bean bag chairs in the corner. Two girls, and three boys. My head explodes with giddiness and I make my way towards them.

"Children!" I exclaim. They whip their heads to me. Their eyes shine with excitement. Their lips turn up into toothy grins. Once they realize I'm now standing right next to them, they rush to me. All clinging to my dress. I laugh.

"Princess!" They squeak.

Sitting down on a chair, they surround me. Now sitting back on the tiny bean bag chairs. Their eyes are wide in anticipation, and their mouths still hold those same smiles. "How are you Alice, Grace, Tommy, Don, and Hazel?"

"Very good!" Don exclaims.

"Good," says Tommy.

"Great!" Pink cheeked Alice says.

"Your pretty today too, Princess!" Hazel blurts out. I chuckle.

"Why thank you Hazel," I grin. His face turns bright red. Tommy nudges Drew with his elbow.

"Um, Princess Nayla?" Tommy says shyly. His checks seeming to become pink all by themselves.

"Yes Tommy?" I reply.

"We made you this." He pulls out a pink and purple flower crown. Lined with green all over. How cute.

"Why it's beautiful! Thank you so much children!" I smile and bend my head down. He places it gently down on my hair. "How's it look friends?"

They all nod their head. When I was about to get up, I stepped on the hem of my skirt. Feeling like I would fall, a pair of sturdy arms grabbed me. When in turned my head, I found myself staring into a sky of blue eyes. Finding my balance, I stood. He brushed his hands away quickly.

"U-um, my apologies," He said quickly. I brushed my hair away from my face.

"No no, thank you for helping me," I said. Now that we were standing next to each other, I could see his full body. He was easily a head taller than me. He wore a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow. I turned back to the children. They were staring intently. "Now, why don't you find some books!"

"Yeah!" They screamed and scurried to find their book first. I chuckled. Turning back to the handsome stranger. "And who might you be?" I asked.

"Prince Aala of India, and you?" he replied. Shocked, I swallowed, but quickly composed myself.

"Oh! Welcome to the New United States. I am Princess Nayla. What brings you all the way here?"

"Um, the ball tomorrow."

"What brings you here." I said. Why would a prince be lurking in a library? Then again, here I am, a princess in a library.

"Oh, well, I thought I'd see the city and I seemed to have stumbled upon here. You seem quite fond of children, Princess."

"Oh yes I absolutely love them." I say.

"How lovely. Although I must be going now, Princess. It was a nice chat. Perhaps we'll meet again tomorrow?"

"Perhaps, Prince Aala." With a dip of his head, he was gone. Maybe tomorrow won't be as bad as I think it shall be.