[Chapter Six]

After the photoshoot, the men had some free time to themselves. I decided to leave them alone to give them some time to think anything through.

The afternoon sun shone through the cracks of my curtains. It reflected off my mirror and onto my hair, giving it a glossy look. I looked at the clock.

11:45

At 12:30, lunch will be served. Everyone will meet at the dinner hall to have their meal. At that time, the king, my dad, and the queen, my mom, will be present.

Ian will be the one to escort the young men. I hope he gives a word or two of advice to them. Not that I'm worried they'll do anything strange. I'm sure they'll be splendid. I just hope they aren't too nervous or jittery. Or maybe that's just me. After all, one of them will be my future husband.

I decide to go for a little walk. The halls are as empty as always. But it's peaceful, so I don't mind. My footsteps sound through the halls. "Nayla?"

I turn around, wondering who it is. Jae-Hwa stands with his hands to his sides. "Oh! Jae-Hwa."

"Hello. What are you doing?" He looks around the large hall corridors.

"Hmm..." I tap my chin. "Walk with me?" I ask him.

"It would be my pleasure," he stands by my side and I continue walking. "Nayla?"

"Mmm?"

"What do you usually do in your free time. Other than your duties." He asks.

"Well, I read, or go visit my favorite place. What about you?" I reply simply.

Instead of answering my question, he asks, "You read?"

I nod. "Yes," I reply. He chuckles.

"My apologies, but I never thought about it. But you said you had a favorite place. Did you not?" He says quickly.

"Yes, why?"

"Well, where is it?"

I smile. "It's a secret," I hold a finger to my lips.

He cocks his head and raises a brow. "Oh really now? Is there anything I can do to convince you to tell me?"

I shake my head. "Nope," I say popping the 'p'.

"Even if I tell you my favorite place?" He pouts. I laugh at his expression. But his favorite place. My curiosity is killing me.

"That's a tough decision. But no can do," I reply. He blows out an exaggerated sigh. I smile. "Although you won't have to wait long."

"Oh? Why is that?" He cocks his head.

"It's a secret," I shrug.

"You have waaay too many secrets." He leans his head forward and laughs. I smile.

"Well, you should probably head back to your room. Ian will come and fetch you for lunch," I say.

"Alright." He gives me a salute and he's off. I watch his back for awhile until he rounds a corner. I start heading to the dinner hall slowly. I should be on time at this pace.

Entering the hall, I find that my parents have already been seated. "Hi mom, dad," I call out to them. They turn their heads to me, stopping their conversation. My mom smiles at me.

"Nayla!" She grabs my hand and fixes my hair. It's a habit.

"Yeah mom?" I ask.

"When did you learn how to be so good at picking men!? They are gorgeous!" She exclaims. I laugh at her comment.

"What can I say?" I shrug, bringing a shoulder to my ear. As I head to my seat, I hear the door open. The boys enter with Ian leading.

The dimpled cheeks. The one with a cocky grin. One with distant eyes. The look-a-likes with dark hair. Then the one with a shy stance.

My mom drags me with her to them. "Oooh! Look at this one. He's a cutie!" She pinches Cepos's cheek. He's taken aback as he rubs his face. I wince, but she moves quickly. "Mmhm," she says as she eyes Hoshang. He smiles warmly.

"Mom!" I whine as I try to pull her away. But she only pulls me along her paradise train.

"This one's a swooner! I just know it!" She smacks Xavier's chest. He chuckles. "Look at these boys," she says as she rubs Jae-Hwa and In-Su's arms. They give her their boyish grins.

"Her Majesty, my Queen." Jae-Hwa and In-Su say in unison.

"Just hearing their voice. Mm, mm, mmm!" My mom exclaims.

"This one's a handsome one." She nods her head at Aala. He smiles his crooked grin. One side higher than the other. I laugh.

"Sorry boys, this one's already taken," my dad interrupts as he rests a hand on my mom's shoulder.

"But I know someone who isn't," my mom comments as she puts a hand on my dad's hand.

"Mom!" I groan. I shake my head when I hear soft chuckles from the boys. I sigh. "Let's go eat," I mumble.

We all sit and at the table when the maids bring the food. Cepos sits to my left. An awkward silence hangs over the table. They must be nervous. I turn to Cepos, to find him cutting his meat.

"Boys?" I call to them. They lift their heads to me. "What would you do if I said that I was mad right now?"

They wiggle their eyebrows. "I would start by telling you that you have some bipolar issues," my dad says.

"Dad!" I snap. Once again, they chuckle. Well, I guess that wasn't the best sentence starter. But hey, I'm trying.

"Well, I'd ask if everything is alright," Hoshang says. I look at him. His eyes tell me that he knows what I did, or am trying to do. I smile gratefully. He nods, getting the message.

"Or ask what's wrong," Aala adds hesitantly.

"Then crack an awful joke," In-Su chimes in. I laugh.

"Then what if my spirits gradually lift?" I ask.

"Try to keep it that way," Jae-Hwa says.

"I'd pick you up and twirl you around till you can't stand on your own two feet." Xavier exclaims and closes his eyes as if he can imagine it. I giggle.

"Alright, then what if I smile?"

"Oh! Then I will smile too!" Cepos points out. I fall into fits of laughter. Everyone laughs along.

And this is how we began our once awkward conversation. As the meal moved on, we continued our laughter.

Hiiii!

Thanks for reading!

Gooodbyyyeee!