[Chapter Twenty-Six]

When I walked in, Mom's eyes were glued onto the TV screen.

The New United States is holding a ball just for the Princes! Princess Nayla's kind heart has decided to invite the Prince's families to stay for a night!

Mom flipped the channel.

El Neuvo EEUU es...

The hispanic reporter stated the same facts about the ball as our news channel. Mom flipped the channel again and again. Every country was reporting the same thing. The ball.

"It's gone viral," I gasped.

"Isn't this great!" Mom said, finally turning to me. I nodded and sat beside her on the love couch. It took a couple of seconds to process what was happening. I really hadn't expected this positive reaction. Everything was just going downhill, now look where i'm at.

Smiling, I said, "Looks like the Princes told their family."

Mom laughed and pulled me tight into a hug. "You did good," she whispered.

***

Walking back to my room, my footsteps were jumpy and overflowing with giddiness. My hair swayed back and forth on my back. The sky was growing darker by the minute, yet I didn't feel tired. I guess I'll just finish some papers.

Looking back at the hall, I saw a bundle of cloth on the ground. I cocked my head in confusion. As I walked towards it, I narrowed my eyes. It sort of looked like a...man. I gasped and rushed to him.

Kneeling, I realized it was Hoshang. Beads of sweat trickled at his chin. His breathing was short, and was gasping for air. The tip of his nose was flushed completely but his whole face was deathly pale. "Hoshang!?" I said. What was he doing here?

"Can you get up?" I asked panicking. He coughed. Dummy! Look at him! Does it look like he can get up?! "Stay here-" Does it look like he's going anywhere Nayla? I silently scolded myself. "I'll go get a doctor." I almost stood up, but a hand pulled me back. He said something but I couldn't hear him. I leaned closer to him.

"..No...doctor..." he croaked.

"It's okay, I'm just getting help." I calmed him and tried to get back up but his grip on me was tight. Which, I have no idea how, when he looked like he could faint on the spot.

"...st-cough-op.." he sputtered. And I did stop. Something about how he said it, how desperate he was made me stop. I hovered over him, Now what. Watch him die? I sighed and examined his symptoms. Wheezing, a soft whistling sound when he exhales, short of breath.

He's having an asthma attack.

I know I shouldn't move him, but he really seems like he doesn't want anyone to see him. And right now, someone could walk through the halls at any moment.

"Let's just try to get you up." My voice quivered almost as much as Hoshang's. I wrapped one of his arms around my neck and tried to lift him, but it was nearly impossible. Squeezing my eyes shut, I gathered my strength to lift him. His body lifted a little before sinking back to the ground.

I let go of his arm and gently let it fall to the ground before taking my heels off and tossing them somewhere. The next thing I did was something that Ian would never forgive me for. I ripped my long dress so my legs were exposed up to my knees. I sighed and once again wrapped his arm around the back of my neck. It was easier to plant my feet without the heels. I grit my teeth as I got to my feet. Hoshang's legs were the definition of noodles. His breaths were getting less frequent and if possible, his face had gotten more pale. As I took a step forward, I decided I couldn't stop, unless I wanted him to collapse on the floor again, so I kept going. His legs dragged on the floor as I hugged him tight to my body.

We finally turned a corner. The closest room was my room and I could even see it from here. Just a couple of more feet, But even that felt like forever. Sweat of my own was starting to dot my temples. "Ian!" I called, relieved just a little.

"Princess!? Prince...Hoshang?" He gasped.

"I-I've got him," I panted. "Inhaler..Get an inhaler." Ian was about to speak into his mike when I stopped him. "Speak of this to no one..Now go." Ian nodded and dashed off. I pushed myself against the wall to give myself some support before continuing into my room. Crossing the room, I put him on my bed. I panted and examined him once again. My fingers instinctively went to his neck to get a pulse. I felt a slight drum. Leaning in, I realized he wasn't breathing. My heart dropped.

CPR. I have to do CPR. I postitioned myself correctly and then began to pump his chest and give mouth to mouth. I puffed air into him and felt so much sweat trickle on my face. "Come on," I pleaded and did the procedure again. "Come on Hoshang," I begged. Repeatedly, I did CPR.

As I was giving mouth to mouth, he sucked in a lungful of air. Just then Ian came back with an inhaler. He gave it to me and my hands annoyingly fumbled to uncap it. I held it at Hoshang's mouth and forced his lips to enclose around it. He puffed twice before I gave it back to Ian. Hoshang returned back to his regular breathing. I slid down to the floor limply, hands trembling. Better yet, my whole body felt like it would fall apart.

"He needs to see a doctor," Ian said.

"I know. But not until he wakes up," I replied with a raspy voice.

"I can watch him," Ian offered.

"I-I want to be alone."

Ian nodded. "I'll be right outside if you need me Princess."

"Ian?" I called. He stopped. "Thank you."

"I want to hear that said to you, from that boy's mouth," He said, and walked out.

It wasn't until I was alone that I realized the sweat were my tears.

***

Asldkdjcjfkosms!!!

Well then.

Catch ya later!