[Chapter Four]

They shuffle their way to me. They stand in the sequence from when their name was called, just a step below on the small stairs in front of me. I make my way to each one of them.

"I knew I'd be here," Xavier says confidently. I smile.

"Who could resist?" I say. He smiles slyly. Then I move on to Hoshang.

"Princess," he nods.

"Prince Hoshang," I say before I move in front of Aala.

His face is spilled with surprise. When he sees me, he gulps, his adams apple bobbing. "Thank you Princess," he smiles awkwardly.

"Thank you." Aala bows. His fingers slightly twitch. I can see him heave a breath as I walk past him.

"Hello Princess!" Cepos says giddily. I smile.

"Hey there Prince Cepos," his eyes light up as his name is called. "Tell your mother I like her style," I whisper. He chuckles and nods.

"Princess I'm honored," Jae-Hwa says.

"And I," I reply.

"You're too kind," In-Su says.

"Thank you," I dip my head and step back. Taking a look at the men, I gesture to them with my hands. "These young men are personally invited to stay at the castle until my eighteenth birthday." I look around the room. Everyone takes glances at the young men except for one. He stares at me. His mouth turned up into a furious grin.

Duke Ferdinand. I recall the memory and can practically feel his muggy breath. I swallow and take a slow blink. As I open them again, I continue. "Between them, I will find a husband. It will take some time, but I ask for your patience," I announce and take a glance at the boys once again. "That is all, thank you everyone."

My father stands up and I zone out from my father's speech. I don't know what I should do. Who should I go on a date with? Wait, don't get ahead of yourself. But, I already promised Xavier a date. Although, I didn't say when.

I know mum will get a kick out of the boys. There's no denying, they are a handsome bunch. I giggle to myself quietly, but quickly compose myself again. "...Thank you," my dad says and sits down. Everyone goes on with the party once again. The boys are busy talking to their advisors and their loved ones. Most likely about their stay here.

I take my leave, making my way to the grand door. When the guards see me, they bow respectfully. I nod in return. I stare at my feet as I turn the corner. Time to-

Bam!

I knock into the tall plant by the corner. It wobbles. I reach to grab it but I find my hands around another hand. Shrieking, I jerk back. Is it just me or did the plant just grow a pair of hands?!

Looking up, I see a man holding the potted plant. He wears a confused face and he bites his lips. I sigh. "Go on and laugh, In-Su," I say.

To my amusement, he does. He holds the potted plant and hides behind it. His laughter fills the empty hallway. After awhile, he clears his throat. Setting down the pot, he wipes a small tear from his eye. "Princess-"

"Just Nayla," I say quickly. He nods.

"Nayla, if I might ask, why are you wandering the hallways?"

My eyebrows shoot up. "I might ask you the same."

He cocks his head. "Touché." After awhile, I speak up.

"I just needed a breather," I tell him truthfully.

"I could say the same." He looks down as he says this. His eyes hold some sort of, sadness, even pain? Then it washes over. A blank slate covers his eyes. His attention shifts to me. "So, how about a walk?" He suggests. I nod. As extends his elbow out to me, I loop my arm with his.

"Is it alright if it's just In-Su?" I ask even though I've already been calling him that in my brain.

"Oh of course! Just Nayla, then just In-Su." He gives me a thumbs up and a funny grin. I can't help but laugh at his cheeky gesture. We walk outside into the garden. My second favorite place. The wind hits me gently and I'm pulled into the smell of the flowers. Letting go of In-Su's arm, I kneel next to a flower bed.

I'm so sucked into the flowers that I don't even notice his hand. He brushes my hair from my face and tucks a daisy behind my ear. My favorite flower. I feel a blush creep up to my cheeks.

"A flower for a flower," he states.

I dare to look at him and find some color of his own on his cheeks.

"Thank you," He gives me a grin and wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh once again. "Come on, we should get going," I say while getting up.

Once again, we lace our arms together. We reach the ballroom in no time. "We will send an official date, on when you should arrive back," I inform him. The six men were to go home and get packed. By then, we would have all the rooms ready for the boys. I smile at the thought of their return.

"Alright," he says. He fixes his tie.

"Then I'll see you around. I have to go inform the others." I take my leave with a slight bow.

***

Later that night when the party was over, I sit on the chair in front of my vanity. Rose combs through my hair.

"Princess, how was it?"

"It was splendid! Oh I know these boys are gonna give me the ride of a lifetime."

Rose giggles. A sweet sound. Rose was in her middle fifties yet her laugh was still as bright as a little girl. "I'm glad to see you happy."

I blush, realizing how I sounded. "It's just, they were wonderful."

"They look like it too. They're all over the news! And man are they fine. Princess, you sure know how to catch some men!"

I laugh and I feel flutters in my stomach. "I do my best." She goes back to combing my hair. Abruptly, Rose stops. She pluck something out of it. "Is this yours?" She asks. She drops it into my hand.

A wrinkled daisy falls onto the the flat surface of my palm.

I smile. "A flower for a flower." I whisper.

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating soon enough.

But I was wondering if you wanted to hear about the POVs of the boys. Maybe I'll just do little lines from their view from time to time. Idk, let me know.

As always, thanks!