[Chapter Thirty-Two]

It was dark now. The royal families had been assigned rooms and had now retired. I on the other hand, was physically tired while my head spun.

Rose had untangled my hair from the flowers and my hair now lay across one shoulder. The cream nightgown I wore flowed slightly above my knees tickling it. But as I did when my mind would not calm, I slipped on a cardigan and walked out my doors.

I took my time walking and stared out the large paned windows. The stars beamed with pride and the moon looked on with a calming excitement. The dark seemed to whisper with the bright specks in the sky.

Standing before my destination, I walked in and knew where to go. The bookshelves looked just as magnificent in the dark. Small lights lit the walls and shined on the book spines.

When I saw the book I wanted, I reached up. I stretched and stood on my toes, but still was unable to carress the spine. I huffed and put my feet on the first shelf and lifted myself up. Finally I felt the spine between my fingers. Suddenly, my footing slipped and my knees bucked.

I tried grasping at the air but my fall was cut short. Beneath my knees was an arm and behind my back was another hand. Grasping the air was not a choice anymore and my hands were now on a body.

I looked but there was no need to anymore. "Are you a brain? Cause you're always in my head." A smirk formed on Xavier's lips. I wiggled out of his grasp and groaned in response.

He looked at me and up to the shelf. I stared and huffed, knowing he wouldn't help me. Again, I climbed up the first shelf and felt the spine brushing my fingers. I made sure to keep a tight grip on the shelf. When I was just about to grab the book, I felt it being pulled away, like it was being sucked into the bookshelf. But I frowned when my eyes saw a hand on the book. Frowning, I climbed down.

I faced him and glowered. My hands gripped my waist while he grinned playfully. "Thought you needed another challenge," he shrugged with arms crossed.

I stared unamused and threw an eyebrow up. "Did you need something?" I asked.

"Hmm, I'll need some time to think. So," he blinked. "Why don't you take a walk with me," he suggested. I shook my head and bit my lip to stop a smile.

He curled his arm and I looped mine in it nonchalantly. We walked out of the library. When we did, I believe there was a small shadow, no, two. And they weren't ours.

"Really, what were you doing out here?" I questioned, eyeing him.

"I was just walking," he replied. I looked at him and snorted. "Fine, I saw you and then followed you there. But, I was walking. Oh and sorry that I cut your er...stunt short."

"I was just trying to get a book," I sighed. Xavier nodded.

"And I was just walking."

"But I was just getting a book!" I reply with certainty. He throws his head back in a laugh, exposing his neck. Now I realize that the dark light shines on what he wears. He's dressed in a plain shirt and trousers. I gulp down a mysterious blockage, clearing it.

"And I walking."

I shake my head. "You're impossible."

"Many thanks," he grins. Again, I'm unable to resist the growing smile on my lips. "Ah, here we are." He gestures at a door, my door. For a second it looked foreign to me but now I see.

His hand grabs my hand that rested on his bent arm. He takes it and presses his cold lips on it. A tingle numbs it for as long as he stays there. But too soon are they pulled away. "Have a good night Nayla."

He leaves my hand. "Goodnight," I reply. His confident face is replaced with a soft wash. I stare, only to blink and find that it has disappeared. He winks and then is off.

When I see his figure disappear, I enter my chamber. My room is dark even though some light escapes from the curtains. Sleep has nearly come. All is left is to cuddle with my bedsheets and I smile at the thought ad of something else.

I jump in bed and fluff my pillows. Then I dip my feet into the sheets and roll it over my body. Finally, peace welcomes me. Gently, sleep pours into me, slowly.

*thump*

My breathing hitches.

*thump thump*

I groan and fling the sheets from my body. The cold blasts me as I walk to the door. I turn the handle and yank it open. My eyes pop wide open at what I see.

A girl.

A little girl.

She looks up at me. Her eyes glowing with innocence. Her lips stretch wide enough for me to worry. The smile she shows warms me, but I remember where we are.

"Ess?"

"Hi."

"Uh, hello dear. What are you doing at this hour?" I ask. Her thin night gown flips as she moves her arms.

"Oh," she pauses. "I couldn't sleep." She shivers.

"Come in for a bit and we'll find your room, alright?" She nods and waddles her way in. I hold the door open and wait for her. When I'm about to close it, I hear it. I turn my head and see Ess curled on my bed. Her snoring is the noise. I sigh and turn back to the door. When I do, I nearly scream. Instead I smack a hand over my mouth and take a step back.

In front of me is another little girl with long hair. "Afreen!" I whisper. She looks down, then up.

"Sorry. I just saw Ess go in." Her big eyes break my knees and makes my voice quiver.

"Oh come on in," I say. She smiles while her eyes light up but then it evaporates. She looks down again. "Is something wrong?"

"Um is it okay if Kyra comes in too?"

Another Princess! "Oh! Uh sure." Kyra tiptoes into view. I place my hands on my hips.

"Alright, now where's Prisha?" I say, placing my hands on my hips. As if on cue, a girl comes prancing down the hall.

"Oh!" She exclaims.

"Where were you?" I ask.

"She was too busy playing girlfriend," Kyra sighs. I widen my eyes. 

"Was not!" Prisha detests.

"Mhm," Kyra responds, swaying her body.

"Alright, come on in."