[Chapter Twenty-Nine]

I only stood alone for a couple of seconds before a car came rolling in. This time, it's a van. The reporters seem to lean closer.  The door opens and I count.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Four small people jump out of the van. Children. A man quickly jumps out and grabs ahold of the the smallest. They lean against him as he walks. The children step back when the reporters shout. The only one who doesn't react is the man. Hoshang. Two more people step out. A woman holds a toddler at her sides.They make their way through the reporters.

"His Majesty King of Persia," I greet with a bow. "Her Majesty, Queen of Persia." The man has a hard expression. But his lips are stretched into a polite smile. The woman nods her head and glances at me. Her eyes roam my body up and down. Then she looks away nonchalantly. Well.

"Greetings, Princess," the Persian King says. 

"Nayla," Hoshang smiles. "My family," he introduces. The girl he holds at his sides is looking at me. Hoshang had told me of his family once. I search my brain for their names. Then I look at the oldest one. 

"Princess Kyra," I say. The tallest girl smiles nicely. 

"Princess Nayla," she says. Then more quietly, "Uh, hi." 

"You know, I think some young boys will be here and they're just about your age. Princes, I believe." I glance down at her. Her teeth line perfectly together with a sparkle. "Just saying," I shrug. Then I wink. Her smile meets her eyes in less than a second and then her eyes dart towards the door, impatiently waiting.

"Princess Nayla?" Someone says. I focus my attention on the another members. 

"Yes dear?" I say. The voice, I realized, was Ess. Only of 10 years if I remember. 

"Hi," she giggles. I almost burst out in a laugh. Such a girl, her joy is enormous. 

"Hello Ess," I reply. "Ah and you must be Afreen," I say. The girl with a long hair nods. 7 years old. "Not to brag but I used to the greatest soccer player when I was just about...your age actually." 

"Really?!" She asks. 

"Oh yeah. I would challenge you. That is...if you're up to it Princess?" I sigh dramatically. 

Afreen smiles smugly. "Challenge accepted, Princess," she replies with a rapid nod. I nod and turn to the smallest person. She gapes at me with wide eyes. 

"Oh and who must these this be?" I raise my brows. Hoshang mimics me and raises his own too. The girl grips tightly onto his hands. "The great and valiant Princess Geslsi," she doesn't say a word. Then I grab my dress and bend down. "Let me tell you a secret." This seems to get her attention. She leans in ever so slightly. Her hand is enveloped in Hoshang's large hand. "I need you to go on a mission will you? I've hidden some lilies in this ballroom. Will you fetch me some?" She looked at mean smiled and glanced at the boy in the woman's arms.He looks back. Their eyes glow together like cats. What seemed to be missing were their tails. 

"Okay Pincess," she says. I nod and stand back up. Once again, I meet Hoshang's eyes. No words needed to be exchanged. He nodded at me and they moved along. 

Almost immediately, the next family arrived. "Oh dear just look at you! What did I say about tu corbata!" A woman exclaims. I cock my head in amusement. 

"Ma." A man sighs, who I recognize as Xavier. As he reaches to fix his tie, the woman swats his hands out the way. She reaches and fixes it herself. Xavier sucks in a sharp breath when she pulls on it. An older man chuckles. Once again, Xavier tries to adjust the tie but gets swatted away. When the woman realizes my watching eyes, her hand comes to her mouth. "Oh dear me! Princess Nayla! Apologies for such a scene!"  

A small laugh escapes me. "Her Majesty Queen of Spain. His Majesty, King of Spain." I bow. Their cheerful faces warm me. "You mustn't be sorry for being a mother," I reply. She sighs and shakes her head with a smile. Then she leans towards me. 

"Boys," she mocks. Only then do I realize that she's surrounded by them. Xavier and his younger brothers stand by her and her spouse looks at her curiously. Boys indeed. I laugh at her comment. 

"Boys," I repeat. 

"What a pleasure it is to meet you, Nayla," the King of Spain says. 

"The feeling is returned, Your Majesty," I reply. His face has a subtle warmness in it unlike his wife. Her expression is tough, which puzzles me because of her loving eyes. 

I look at the two of Xavier's brothers. The taller one bows politely. "Delighted to meet you, Princess Nayla," he says, looking me in the eyes. They're honey with a light full of hopeful adventure. 

"And I, young Prince, Elonzo," I smile. He returns the gesture revealing one dimple on his left cheek. Remembering, Elonzo is of 15 years and the youngest is of 14 years. "And Oro too," I nod at the other boy. His grin is carefree which reminds me of Xavier. 

"Princess Nayla," he bows. The bow tie he wears is black, matching his suit. They start to make their way into the crowd. 

"See you soon Nayla," Xavier says with a wink and a curve of his lips. Then they walk off, joining the other Royals.  

Soon, they take their seats at their own round tables. My Father gives a speech and I do too. "...I do hope everyone enjoys their time and please, there's plenty of delicacies. Thank you," I end. They clap and chatters among the families arise. 

"We'll be mingling if you need us," my mother whispers. Then she stands and loops her arms in Father's. I smile as I watch them walk away to another table. They smile at each other and my father's shoulders rise as he laughs. 

I want that. 

I want the silence to be comfortable between me and him. I want to share secret smiles. 

I want to know who he is. 

***

Hello lovelies. 

Promise I'll update soon! 

Hope you enjoyed this sweet little chapter.~