[Chapter Eighteen]

When I walked out the doors, my parents were there to greet me. "Oh sweety!" My mom pulled my tight into a hug. "When you shut the cameras off, I was going to burst through the doors! But good choice with the mike," she says.

"Thanks?" I say. Dad was already in 'king mode'. He ordered soldiers and talked over some deals with Trent. "Oh yeah! Mom, where are the boys?" I ask.

"They were all safely evacuated and are being ushered back into their rooms at this moment," she says. I give out a sigh of relief. "You look like you need some rest," she says with a worried look.

"Dad will need some help with the-"

"Oh hush. You are going right to bed missy," she orders. Then her tone gets soft. "Honey, you've done more than enough. I think your dad's gonna be fine. He has been in the business for awhile." I laugh. She kisses my cheek and calls for Ian.

When Ian wishes me goodnight, he informs me about the increased protection. Meaning more guards. Eleven men had walked me to my room, including Ian. Two were parked at my room door, and three were stationed just below my balcony window.

I collapsed onto my bed. Sleep came fast and I was engulfed by my own warmth.

***

I woke up grudgingly the next morning, but still managed to get out of bed. Rose and I continued our daily routine as I sat on the vanity stool and switched on the TV.

Sir Trent, and Duke Ferdinand arrested for the following crimes.

The announcer seriously gave a report on the crimes. It was then switched to my father. He stood behind a podium with usual power radiating from him. His face was stern yet friendly.

My father gave a detailed speech on what had went on inside the castle walls. He went on about what crimes the duke and Trent were charged for and I zoned out until I heard my name.

Princess Nayla's date with Prince Aalaahdith! Has our Princess taken a fondness to someone?!

Outside in the palace garden, their little stroll was adorable.

A picture of Aala and I popped up. My arm was looped with his. We both looked at each other with genuine smiles. Thinking back on it made me smile.

We were able to have a little chat with The Princess and Prince Aalaahdith.

The reporter's face switches over to ours.

Are you on a date?!

Yes we are.