[Chapter Thirteen]

"What!?" I exclaim. Then I rip myself from his grip. His hands fall to his side and he has a smug look.

He grasps my hand again and kisses it. I freeze. I knew it! I knew it! Everything was going all too good. "Oh don't be angry dear," he chuckles. I snap out of it.

"Stop that!" I whisper. Then I smack his hand away. He acts as if he didn't hear me.

"Yes, that's right! I am her secret lover!" He confirms. The announcers grow louder. Shouting questions. They don't seem to be angry, just amused. Oh my.

Through my shock, Ian pulls us inside the castle walls. The guards push the doors closed. I can still hear the reporters, but their voices are muffled.

Secret lover?! Ugh! I turn to my secret lover. His lips are still turned into a sly grin. The one thing that he inherited from his father.

"Trent! What are you doing!" I yelled at him. His tall figure dwarfs me and I have to put my chin up to look at his face clearly.

"Being your secret lover," he shrugs. I grit my teeth and my nails bite into my palms.

"Why!" I urge out.

"Heard you needed one." He looks amused at my reaction.

"Um, excuse me but, you're her secret lover?" Xavier asks. His face is bewildered.

"No!"

"Yes."

"Stop that Trent!" I say. He only shrugs. I face Xavier again. "Sorry Xavier."

"Sassy!" Trent muses.

Ugh! I point to Trent dramatically. "Meet the son of Duke Ferdinand."

Never did like Trent. Always a crybaby when I won him over chess. He also always stole my dolls and hid them until I cried.

I didn't notice, but we had a crowd. The boys had gathered here because of the loud chaos. They had matching expressions. Ian stood beside them. His face reflected more anger than confusion.

"Who?" Xavier questions.

"Um, remember that man who I was dancing with before you? At the ball." I add. He thinks for a second before it hits him.

"That old perv?"

"Sure." I say. Good description.

"Hey!" Trent defends.

Ignoring him, I get back to the subject.

"Ugh! How could you do that! Why'd you tell them that out there!?" I ask.

"How could you not choose me." He says.

"Oh really. You can't think of one reason that I didn't choose you."

He shakes his head. "Nope."

"Ugh, how about when you spread that rumor that I was so drunk and I did it with you!" I took a step forward and he took a step back. I repeated this process over and over. Before I knew it, he was pinned again the wall.

"Uh, right."

"Or when you didn't even show your face at the ball. Instead you sent your father to do the dirty work. Was it because you were too hungover that you would have made a fool of yourself?!" I poked his chest hard. He opened his mouth to say something, but only closed it and grinned. "Do you understand?!" I shrieked.

His smile became wider and I couldn't take it anymore. Oh I'll show him amusing.

I lifted my foot and drilled my high heels into his feet. He gasped. He wasn't the only one who did. I punched him. I punched him square in the temple. He whimpered as he stumbled back.