[Chapter Thirty]

In-Su's POV:

When Nayla's speech ended, somehow, the guys just knew where to meet. I walked over, with Jae at my side, and was greeted with grins and nods. I didn't recognize two boys however. "Xavier, these must be your brothers?" Jae asked.

Xavier scoffed and then spoke. "Yeah, meet Elonzo and, Oro, the shorter one," he gestured.

"Hey!" The smaller boy said in defiance. "You just wait till I grow taller than you. Then you won't be laughing," he said, pouting.

"Then we must wait and we must see," Cepos grinned at Oro. Oro smiled cheekily back with his chin up.

"Yeah, what he said," the boy retorted, crossing his arms. Xavier just laughed louder with the rest of us. Then they riled up another argument.

"Hoshang, how are your sisters?" I ask. He glances at me and then fixes his eyes on the boys talking about some teddybear.

"They're well. And your brother?" He replies. I look at Jae and back at Hoshang. It takes me a moment to realize that he's made a joke. Only then do I crack a grin.

"Well I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you himself," I reply. Hoshang curls his lips slightly at the edges. It's slight but there. The boys have stopped talking about Oro's teddybear and has gone quiet.

Suddenly, it's as if all our eyes trail off to the same place.

Nayla has a small child on her lap. Little girls of young ages stand on chairs behind her while two stand beside. Their smiles are so wide that I can see them from here. I sweep some hair out of my vision.

A little girl whispers something in Nayla's ear. Then Nayla turns a red shade, from the top of her lips to the bottom of her eyes. I bite my lips and think of the funny feeling it gives me. Her eyes travel to us and lingers for a second longer.

I blink out of my stare and return to the guys. "So Elonzo, I heard you like to read," I say. He turns to me and grins so wide it stretches from one side of his face to the other.

"Oh I do," He says. A light soars his eyes and disappears when he blinks. "How about you?" He asks. I gesture at Jae.

"Not as much as Jae."

"Pardon?" Jae cuts in. He looks at us, wondering where his name came in.

"Just saying how Elonzo likes to read," I shrug.

Elonzo looks at Jae. "Oh really? What are you reading now?" Jae asks.

"I just finished Of Mice and Men." I stare at the boy. He's read one of Jae's most prized books? "I'm halfway through The Book Thief," he says.

"Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck!?" Jae exclaims. He walks closer to Elonzo. "How was it?"

Elonzo looks taken aback but the light in his eyes have returned. "In my humble opinion, I loved it! I do say, it has been added to my favorites." He shows most of his teeth, a funny sight.

I zone out from the rest of their conversation, kind of feeling left out. My thoughts drift back to a particular person until finally my eyes find her. In fact, she's walking towards us. Her graceful walk isn't tainted by the shuffled feet of us as we sense her. Her messy hair fits no matter what, and the trail of little girls make me smile.

When she meets us, there's a sweet but tense second, one only felt by us, the suitors. Her eyes flash different emotions when her eyes roam each of us. Only then do I know, things have gotten serious.

She's looking for one.

Am I him in her heart?

***

Hello there!

I still feel like we've got a long way to go, but Nayla's really been looking at her choices.

And don't give up! Keep cheering for your Prince!

;)