[Chapter Ten]

Shout out to Auddher! Thanks!

Xavier's POV:

Her hair is perfectly up in a ponytail and her lips are as pink as yesterday.

"What are you doing here darling?" I ask her. Our conversation from this nickname replays in my head.

"You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun right?" She says. I grin. Fun? She won't make it.

"Your dress?" I ask.

"Won't slow me down," she shrugs. The way she sits on her horse is nothing like a princess. Interesting.

"You sure about this?" I ask although I know she won't change her mind.

"I'll go easy." She winks.

I scoff. She's got some nerve. Unbelievable. I don't try to hide my doubt and I know she sees it because her face is smug. Like she knows something I don't.

"Fair enough." I say.

BAM!

Rel jolts me forward. Her hooves are heavy and powerful against the ground. Jae-Hwa's in front. We're in second. Not for long. Rel pulls us to first. We stay in first for awhile until I hear more pattern of hooves just behind us.

Rel is tired. I know.

I see her. What? Nayla?

"Hey darling," I call.

"Ready to lose?" She asks. I can barely hear her soft voice. Right now, we're neck and neck.

I laugh. "Sorry sweety, but that's not gonna happen." I rock my pointer finger in front of me. Rel strains to pull up in front Nayla's horse. Let's go Rel.

I know we'll win. We're so close.

But we don't. She passes us easily.

And I realize it now. I don't. I can't beat her.

And just this once, I'm okay with losing. Losing to her. But not to anyone else.

Her cheeks are flushed and her nose is touched with pink. Those lips are curled into her cheeks in a smile. Her hair flows behind her rapidly yet perfectly. The plain chocolate horse is made beautiful with the girl who smiles as if I know nothing.

I feel my heart stop.

There's only one word to describe it. What I'm seeing.

Majestic.